Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:52 AM

13,366 posts, read 28,597,609 times

Advertisements

The world is full of loons unfortunately. I just shake my head.
I get what she was conveying but couldn't she have just drew a picture of a baby..oh well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,605,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I get what she was conveying but couldn't she have just drew a picture of a baby..oh well
But that wouldn't have been as powerful. It wouldn't have enraged people likw GottaBme.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,673,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
This woman used her baby and put her out there for the world to see in "Hitler" garb for her own Artistic Expression. Now, I say that opens the door wide up for "judgment." And I judge it to be inappropriate and cold hearted and signals something very wrong with this mom.

And for your second comment, what exactly about being "in awe" of your own infant is "sick?" I can't imagine a mother not looking at her newborn in wonder and awe. Its called maternal bonding.
HaHaHa, whatever.

Ask yourself this: Have I ever heard of this child named Faustina BEFORE this thread was started? Had I ever heard the old German fable BEFORE this thread was started?

That child is 11 years old. For the past 11 years, have you been stewing just waiting for this thread? I think not. Have you been writing through the years to the mother telling her what you think of her photos and name of her child? I'm sure you haven't been.

Have you been on the phone to the art world telling them in no uncertain terms that you would boycott that artist should they do a showing of her work in your area? Nope.

So why let it bother you now? Has it changed YOUR life in some way just knowing that those photos and that child exist?

And no, I have never worshipped or been in awe of my kids. Proud, yes. Loving, yes. A million other things, yes. Worshipping and in awe, no.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
But that wouldn't have been as powerful. It wouldn't have enraged people likw GottaBme.
One day they will allow me to rep you again... . Until that day

Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,017,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
HaHaHa, whatever.

Ask yourself this: Have I ever heard of this child named Faustina BEFORE this thread was started? Had I ever heard the old German fable BEFORE this thread was started?

That child is 11 years old. For the past 11 years, have you been stewing just waiting for this thread? I think not. Have you been writing through the years to the mother telling her what you think of her photos and name of her child? I'm sure you haven't been.

Have you been on the phone to the art world telling them in no uncertain terms that you would boycott that artist should they do a showing of her work in your area? Nope.

So why let it bother you now? Has it changed YOUR life in some way just knowing that those photos and that child exist?

And no, I have never worshipped or been in awe of my kids. Proud, yes. Loving, yes. A million other things, yes. Worshipping and in awe, no.
How bout we just agree to disagree on this one.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM

Thanks to all who have quietly repped me on this

Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Thanks to all who have quietly repped me on this
In your dreams.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah. If only...

Reps to you!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:31 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,155,697 times
Um yeah. Not getting the hysteria. At all.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,155,697 times
Quote:

Sure she could. But it wouldn't have had the same impact as a flesh and blood in-your-face baby.

That's sorta the point of the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting