Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,754,824 times

Advertisements

My older girl (2 years) is usually called by her name, or sometimes SweetPea.

My boy (2 years- they are twins) is called Bubba most of the time, because one of his sister's first words was "brother", but she couldn't say it properly and said "Bubba".

My younger girl (3 weeks) is sometimes called by her name, sometimes called Hungry Hungry Hippo (she seems permanently attached to my breast and has gained 2 pounds in the first two weeks of life), and sometimes called Snuffaloffagus (sp?), like from Sesame Street, because of the snuffling noises she makes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 10:21 AM

294 posts, read 1,104,168 times
Lol, it is real funny to see what people call their kids. Funny, our middle son is the only one we use nicknames for.
His name (first n middle) Julian Josiah
we call him:
Baby J
JJ
Bud
Buderoo
Pipsqueak
Little dude
His sister calls him picklehead lol

Old 03-20-2010, 10:40 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,550,479 times
My daughter's name is Marie.. When she was little I use to call her MaggieMay. Now that she is grown, I call her Rie... sometimes Rie-Rie. I don't know where MaggieMay came from but Rie came about when I had a cat that just loved her to pieces. When she would call to tell me she was coming over, I would tell him "RIE IS COMING!" and he would go to the front door and wait for her to come. I have since let him go live with his "Rie" and he is one happy boy... He just adores her.

My oldest son, I always called "Boy", he thought "Boy" was his name the first 3 years of his life. It dawned on me one day that he had better learn he actually had a real name so I started calling him by his real name..

Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,438,906 times
well the very first thing i called my son as they handed him to me was "pupetto" which means little doll. so now i call him poopy for short. so poopy, poopy doopy, stinky, monster and of course when he is being reprimanded, his actual name...

Old 03-20-2010, 02:02 PM

67 posts, read 107,013 times
Oldest daughter has always been called Mo (her name's Morgan) or Mojo (her middle name's Jo).

Our 12 yo daughter has always been called Bear. Her name is Claire, so we called her Claire Bear, and soon we started just calling her Bear.

Our 9 yo son has always been called Thing One, since he's the older twin. He also is called Beans..long story.

We've always called our youngest daughter Lulu. She's a very energetic and happy little girl, so the name just kind of stuck. She's also sometimes called Thing Two, since she's the younger twin.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:46 PM

705 posts, read 1,752,996 times
My mom called my older son Bug when he was born....he was born in 2000, and she called him our Y2K Bug.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:06 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,136,197 times
[quote=Sproodle;13373892]We've always called our youngest daughter Lulu. QUOTE]

That's funny...my daughter calls her younger sister LuLu. I have no idea where she got that, but she's called her that for almost a year now and when we were at the playground, a few of the other kids playing assumed her name was LuLu and started calling her that too.

BTW, I nicknamed my little sister Booger when we were younger. I'm sure I did it to be mean. My mom used to give me "the look" when I did it so I changed it to Boogerramma. Eventually she went to high school and started playing sports and my mom told me that if I continued to call her Boogerramma she would kill me, so I shortened it to Ramma. To this day (nearly 20 years later), I still call her Ramma.

Some nicknames just unexplicably stick.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:25 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,451,708 times
My kids are:

CR
KA
MG Midget

The grandkids are:

Little shytes
Little monsters
"Whatever your name is"

The Great-grandson is:

Axe man

Old 03-21-2010, 12:10 PM

268 posts, read 452,331 times
My son, Xander, AKA:

Bubba
Buzz
"Z"
Turkey (because he was the exact same weight as the turkey his first Thanksgiving)

Or, "Xander Brandt Fleming!" when he's being bad.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,020,610 times
How funny! My youngest (8) is also nicknamed Lulu. Or sometimes, Lulu-bean or Anni-lou. Occasionally her dad calls her Cookie. And I'll call her Anni-ballooba (which you know, you can see the Baby ballooba song to w/a few word changes lol)
My son (11)was Boo-boo when he was little. My dad used to dispair of ever having another grandkid because we always called my son our little boo-boo. lol His dad calls him boy-son a lot
My oldest (15)was a 27weeker and we called her Monkey because thats kinda what she looked like! if youve ever seen a micropremiee, you know what I mean. lol If Im feeling fond, I call her Kinzee-Lane. offbeats from her first/middle names.
Oddly enough, my two oldest get full names when in trouble, but only my youngest gets JUST her middle name if shes really in for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting