Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post

Edit to add: I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I am not religious (christian, satanic or otherwise) so maybe I am missing something but: Whats wrong with being satanic? From my perspective its the same as being christian IE worshiping your deity of choice.
LMAO!

Stop feeding! "Ana"is a troll.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,839 times
ROFLMAO! @ BellaLunatic
are we fine dining for the trolls then?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:14 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,540 times
what is the next step???Realize that YOU ARE THE PARENT,you do nto have the obligation to agree with a teen...she is listening to heavy metall music with in your opinion bad text...the answer is very simple: FORBIDD IT!!!my child does not make the rules in my house,I AM MAKING THEM!!YOU ARE the grown up,not your child!!!..it si bad you tolerated it soo long..if you do not like something or do not agree with something ,you have the freedom to disagree,to set the boundaries,YOU ARE the parent,do you get it???If you are not comfortable with your teen hear such music,forbidd it!!IT IS YOUR HOUSE,YOUR RULES!!periode!!in a christian house,such music has nothing lost...a disrespect for your believes and values!!!!!!!how can you aloow this??stop it immediatelly!!

if my 13 y.old starts to listen to that type of music,guess,what i am doing???i woudl go to him (FIRST TIME I HEAR this),i woudl tell him that in my house such a music can not be heart...and if he does not follow my rules,i would take the cds and cd player away...he does not command me aorund in this age,he does not set the boundaries and make the rules,i do..and i have the responsability for his life,his actions and so on..as long as he is a MINOR..you are free to listen to this music,when you can afford to move out and LIVE BY YOURSELF,in my house,my rules...stop having understanding for such a behavior,start being a parent and a parent means control,set boundaries,make rules...

you are afraid,she would kill herself..no,she will not!!...take her cds away,forbid her this music,put her in sport or other activities..she does not want to come and join,only sit in her room???and you allow this???????????????you allow this??wake up,you are a parent!!!!i would tell her,i do not care,if you want to come out or not,you HAVE TO COME!!!iwoudl never allow her to be a prison of her room...not such a BS with me...

and take her away form therapy and medication..medication makes her only feel worst..id o not agree with medication in such age,especially anti depressants..i am from europe,hier in usa,the doctors prescribe soooo fast such medicines on kids...she has some teens problems and issues..in thsi age...fast diagnose:depressed...medication..come on..just be more disciplinate,more demanding in your parenting..you are the boss,not your child,do you get it???rigth now the child is making,what she wants,under your nose..you do not like such music,the child is still listening to it..are you kidding me??who is the boss in your house??

my despite for heavy metal musich with such disgusting text...stop it immediatelly..nothing lost in a christian household..if she likes it or not,not worry about it,SHE WILL GO OVER IT!!supervise her properly after school..put her in new activities,if she wants or not...change the rules..she does not need a psychiater (90 percent of american pshychiaters need themselve a pshychiater,my opinion and i respect it!!!),you can do it by yourself...just smarten up,get educated and be conscious that your are the mother!!

you are a christian household and ina christian household such a music,has nothing lost..what other thinks about it,their opinion,if they like it,they shoudl like it..you do not have to like,agree or tolerate it,period!!!

read about the efects of listening to such heavy metal music on kids...tehre are many articles on the net,get informed and stop tolerate such a behaviour..studies proves ,that listening to such music is not benefical for the development of children..stop immediatelly allow her such a thing in your house...
The Effects of Heavy Metal Music on Attitude | eHow.co.uk

and people ,who say,they were listening to such a music and turn out great,i do not believe it,till i see it with my eyes...drug addcited live also in denial and not see their problems...but no sense to discuss,christin household and such music does not match together..period...so,do not allow it any more.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
I just don't believe this OP at all. Comes off terribly trollish.
It is entirely trollish. While I've heard of religious folks who have trouble with music before it was the "10 boyfriends" that pushed it over the top.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:47 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
Didn't you know? Slayer is a Christian band, now:

Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM

8 posts, read 22,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
what is the next step???Realize that YOU ARE THE PARENT,you do nto have the obligation to agree with a teen...she is listening to heavy metall music with in your opinion bad text...the answer is very simple: FORBIDD IT!!!my child does not make the rules in my house,I AM MAKING THEM!!YOU ARE the grown up,not your child!!!..it si bad you tolerated it soo long..if you do not like something or do not agree with something ,you have the freedom to disagree,to set the boundaries,YOU ARE the parent,do you get it???If you are not comfortable with your teen hear such music,forbidd it!!IT IS YOUR HOUSE,YOUR RULES!!periode!!in a christian house,such music has nothing lost...a disrespect for your believes and values!!!!!!!how can you aloow this??stop it immediatelly!!

if my 13 y.old starts to listen to that type of music,guess,what i am doing???i woudl go to him (FIRST TIME I HEAR this),i woudl tell him that in my house such a music can not be heart...and if he does not follow my rules,i would take the cds and cd player away...he does not command me aorund in this age,he does not set the boundaries and make the rules,i do..and i have the responsability for his life,his actions and so on..as long as he is a MINOR..you are free to listen to this music,when you can afford to move out and LIVE BY YOURSELF,in my house,my rules...stop having understanding for such a behavior,start being a parent and a parent means control,set boundaries,make rules...

you are afraid,she would kill herself..no,she will not!!...take her cds away,forbid her this music,put her in sport or other activities..she does not want to come and join,only sit in her room???and you allow this???????????????you allow this??wake up,you are a parent!!!!i would tell her,i do not care,if you want to come out or not,you HAVE TO COME!!!iwoudl never allow her to be a prison of her room...not such a BS with me...

and take her away form therapy and medication..medication makes her only feel worst..id o not agree with medication in such age,especially anti depressants..i am from europe,hier in usa,the doctors prescribe soooo fast such medicines on kids...she has some teens problems and issues..in thsi age...fast diagnose:depressed...medication..come on..just be more disciplinate,more demanding in your parenting..you are the boss,not your child,do you get it???rigth now the child is making,what she wants,under your nose..you do not like such music,the child is still listening to it..are you kidding me??who is the boss in your house??

my despite for heavy metal musich with such disgusting text...stop it immediatelly..nothing lost in a christian household..if she likes it or not,not worry about it,SHE WILL GO OVER IT!!supervise her properly after school..put her in new activities,if she wants or not...change the rules..she does not need a psychiater (90 percent of american pshychiaters need themselve a pshychiater,my opinion and i respect it!!!),you can do it by yourself...just smarten up,get educated and be conscious that your are the mother!!

you are a christian household and ina christian household such a music,has nothing lost..what other thinks about it,their opinion,if they like it,they shoudl like it..you do not have to like,agree or tolerate it,period!!!

read about the efects of listening to such heavy metal music on kids...tehre are many articles on the net,get informed and stop tolerate such a behaviour..studies proves ,that listening to such music is not benefical for the development of children..stop immediatelly allow her such a thing in your house...
The Effects of Heavy Metal Music on Attitude | eHow.co.uk

and people ,who say,they were listening to such a music and turn out great,i do not believe it,till i see it with my eyes...drug addcited live also in denial and not see their problems...but no sense to discuss,christin household and such music does not match together..period...so,do not allow it any more.
Thank you so much. This is the best reply post in this thread. About activities she doesn't go to church with me anymore. Thing is, this began happening after I found out she listens to such trash. At the time she our pastor said that she doesn't seem to be so into her Bible studies as she had been in the past. I had always thought she enjoyed church and like spending time with me especially after my husbands death. I do not think that heavy metal music would be a result of grieving but the bad grades could. She has been hiding her reports cards from me I had to call the school just to check and see how she is doing academically. And I did not get a good report. So I have decided to have study time just like we did back when she was in elementary school. I am reluctant to spend money on a tutor because I know she is very intelligent, I honestly think that she is getting bad grades because of the i dont feel like doing this attitude. If she won't comply I will take her sources of non-christian entertainment away like her CD's, and use parental controls on our cable service. Maybe I should just get rid of the CD's altogether. what is wrong with satanism? everything. i don't want her doing witchcraft and worshiping the devil. It will certainly not be tolerated in this house. Satanism as you can tell from it's name, is quite self-explanatory. I read somewhere that they use animal sacrifices, conjure up evil spirits and demons, practice witchcraft, and other weird crazy stuff like that. As a Christian, one should know how to stop anti-God religions by getting to know the religion and to bring and end to it's blind followers. It;s our job to let them know that Jesus loves them and will have a home for them in the kingdom of heaven when they die. If I catch her doing witchcraft or even think shes doing it I will talk to our pastor about it. We are like family at our church. She has grown up around these people so I am not afraid that they will judge me as a bad parent because I know they know that I am a good christian mother. I didn't raise her to listen to evil, satanic music. She had listened to what I had listened to when I was growing up. Gospel & classic country music. Anything else like rock n roll and God forbid heavy metal music would have not been tolerated.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
Metal allowed me to survive in a dysfunctional Christian home, join the National Honor Society, place in the national 1% of all PSAT scores, and graduate with Highest Honors, 7th in my graduating class.

SOBER.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna-isms View Post
I went though her room and found a heavy metal bands album. They are definitely satanic. I read the lyrics and was appalled. How could anyone actually enjoy this music unless they are a satanist or have serious emotional problems?

When I was her age I had already had 10 boyfriends, it just isn't normal for a teen not to be at least mingling with members of the opposite sex or calling them on the phone. She has told me herself that she doesn't have any friends. She has been put on depression medication and of course they are not working. I have tried to talk to her about it, but for most of the day she just stays locked up in her room, listening to music or on the computer, watching t.v. etc., We don't really even have a mother-daughter relationship anymore. Every time that I come home from work she is in her room. Every time I suggest that we go out somewhere like to the mall, she says she doesn't feel like it or just completely ignores me. I feel like that room is her prison. Out of our discussions with her depression all she would tell me is that she is fine, and that she likes heavy metal music, just because she likes it. I just want her to be happy.
To be honest, there might be problems if she has to be medicated for depression -- but are you sure she really has a problem?

It's very normal for some teens to prefer being alone in a room - sleeping, reading. With some kids, they'll come home, head to the refrigerator and then straight to the room and be in there for hours.

Not everyone is a social butterfly -- ten boyfriends would be a whole lot more than average - so maybe you are on one end of the social scale and she is at the other - more of a loner.

There are loners who are fine with being alone, it's when the child very much wants friends and has none that it's a problem.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It is entirely trollish. While I've heard of religious folks who have trouble with music before it was the "10 boyfriends" that pushed it over the top.
Oh -- you might be right. I missed that clue - a religious type wouldn't normally be pushing many boyfriends for a young girl.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh -- you might be right. I missed that clue - a religious type wouldn't normally be pushing many boyfriends for a young girl.
People this religious would not seek advice from strangers on a secular internet forum either, that's almost as bad as listening to "satanic heavy metal music". They would go to a christian forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting