Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:09 PM

624 posts, read 901,254 times

Advertisements

A man spent his birthday in Bexar County Jail after he was suspected of shooting a man he found involved in a sexual act in his garage over the weekend. William Moore, who turned 72 on Sunday, is being held on one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. A judge set bail at $50,000.
San Antonio police said Moore reportedly awoke around 2 a.m. Saturday to noises coming from his garage in the 6800 block of Blue Ash Drive. He opened the garage and discovered a woman engaged in oral sex with Todd Harrison, 38, according to a police department incident report.
Moore allows Harrison to visit a woman who lives in his garage until midnight, but police said Harrison was unwelcome when Moore found the couple romantically involved.
Police said Moore told Harrison to leave and then went inside the home, where he retrieved his long-barreled shotgun. When he went back into the garage, the woman began to push Moore to keep him away from Harrison. During the disturbance, police said, Moore's gun went off, and birdshot struck Harrison in the hand.
He was taken to Northeast Baptist Hospital, where he was treated and released.

I live in SA coworkers thought the story was a riot as did many others in the comments section at the end of the article on line. Where are y'all/you guys reading the daughter was attacked and the gun was discharged accidentally.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,368,994 times
Quote:
Where are y'all/you guys reading the daughter was attacked and the gun was discharged accidentally.
That poster is not reading it anywhere. He is just saying how he personally would have explained his behavior to the police in order to seem justified in shooting someone.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 PM

624 posts, read 901,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That poster is not reading it anywhere. He is just saying how he personally would have explained his behavior to the police in order to seem justified in shooting someone.
Okay got it, I would think the daughter would have to collaborate his fabrication of the events.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,368,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyH View Post
Okay got it, I would think the daughter would have to collaborate his fabrication of the events.
You'd think so wouldn't you? But I'm sure he would claim that she's just distraught over the "attack"....

Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,682,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You'd think so wouldn't you? But I'm sure he would claim that she's just distraught over the "attack"....

That would be the smart thing to say. I think logic would dictate that the daughter would (and should) at least understand how her dad could possibly see this as an attack and back him accordingly. After all is said and done they could further "discuss" the house rules in private. You don't let your dad get locked up when you were the one who caused the situation in the first place. Some kids today have no loyalty to their parents. Its a shame.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:59 AM

91 posts, read 71,942 times
Sounds like he belongs in a mental institution if he thought shooting was the appropriate response

Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM

46,839 posts, read 25,771,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
If I were 71 and did the same thing the cops would not be locking me up they would be commending me for defending my property.
The property in question being the daughter?

From the press story:
Quote:
Police said Moore told Harrison to leave and then went inside the home, where he retrieved his long-barreled shotgun.
Yeah, gramps needs to have his guns taken away, he clearly does not possess the levelheadedness necessary. That right there? Intent. He'll be extremely lucky to avoid prison.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
You don't let your dad get locked up when you were the one who caused the situation in the first place. Some kids today have no loyalty to their parents. Its a shame.
Daddy going in the house to get a firearm because he felt his au-tho-ri-tay wasn't being respected caused the situation.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
When the father came out and caught those two, the boyfriend should have left. He was trespassing illegally when he decided to stay on the property. The father shot a trespasser.
That right there is the funniest combo of username and post content I've seen in a long time.

Quote:
Now I'd bet the daughter either gets her own place, or lives by her father's rules in the future.
It's rather more likely that dear old daddy is going to get a roof over his head and three squares a day on the government's bill for some time to come.

Anyway, she's 40, of legal age, and the house is her residence - she can invite visitors.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,854,975 times
hey folks. thread and story are 4 years old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting