Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,417,633 times

Advertisements

Police arrested William Clark Moore, 71, on Saturday morning on charges that he shot his daughter's boyfriend in the left hand.

Moore told police that his daughter, who is close to 40 years old and lives with him, was allowed to have her boyfriend over to the house. But the rule was that he had to be gone by midnight.

Police: Father shoots daughter's boyfriend after catching them in the act | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,378,717 times
It's clear that daughter needs to become self-sufficient. Still home at 40 and not able to have intimate relations. What the heck was she thinking? She knew the rules of the home and did not abide by them. Her father is just old school and thought he had a right to shoot, once he informed boyfriend it was time to go. Both daughter and her lowlife boyfriend needs to get themselves an apartment. I can't imagine being 40 years of age and giving my man ">>>>" in my parent's gargage.

Okay daddy is wrong for pulling a gun and shooting the poor guy, he clearly was just trying to send a message to scare the boyfriend.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,681,688 times
I see nothing wrong with the father's actions. He set the rules and they decided not to live by them. The father shoots a cap in the boyfriend and the boyfriend runs like a little girl and cries to the cops. Take your punnishment like a man and get your own place in the future. Sometimes old school education is the best education.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,350,466 times
You don't fire a weapon to make a point unless that point is defending yourself. You can't just go around shooting at people who annoy you. Even in the hand. The daughter broke the rules so I'd say the dad can evict her if he chooses but shooting someone is unacceptable.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:43 AM

When I have a stranger in my house that I don't know they have SECONDS to identify themselves or I commence to firing to defend my property. The dad defending his daughter from a possible attacker obviously failed to explain this to the authorities, thus they had to make the arrest based on what the "boyfriend" said.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,560,647 times
Have fun in jail, Grandpa.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
When I have a stranger in my house that I don't know they have SECONDS to identify themselves or I commence to firing to defend my property. The dad defending his daughter from a possible attacker obviously failed to explain this to the authorities, thus they had to make the arrest based on what the "boyfriend" said.
It would be hard to explain him as a "stranger" when it's his daughter's boyfriend and he knew it. He didn't have the gun, he actually had to go and get it which pretty much dismisses any excuse of defending an "imminent" attack. The boyfriend is obviously stupid for not leaving, the daughter and the bf are wrong in their disrespect of the dad's rules but you still don't get to shoot people. Hope the charge of assault with a deadly weapon was worth it to him.

Last edited by maciesmom; 03-30-2010 at 10:01 AM..

Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM

If I were 71 and did the same thing the cops would not be locking me up they would be commending me for defending my property. Like I said the guy obviously failed to properly explain the situation and he wound up getting locked up for it. If the room is poorly lit it would look like an attacker to me. He obviously did not shoot to kill the guy. He shot to stop (what he thought) was an attack on his daughter.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 AM

No matter how he (or you) "explained" the situation, it wouldn't hold up in court...He saw them, he told the bf to leave, he went and got his gun, pointed and fired at someone. That is not defending an imminent attack no matter what your "explanation" to the cops at the time is. That "explanation" might have held up had he walked into the garage, gun in hand and shot. That clearly wasn't the chain of events however and no made up excuse is going to get him out of it.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 AM

Look of course you just can't go around shooting people, but you do have the right to protect your home. All I'm saying is a 71 year old man may not have readily recognized him as the daughter's boyfriend, and mistook him for an attacker. He exercised discipline in shooting him in the hand in order to get him to stop. He could have killed him on the spot and no one would ever have known what was really going on. He was defending his property and that was also the reason he gave his daughter the ground rules in the first place. When he saw them his first thought was "someone is obviously attacking my daughter, because she would NOT be having sex in my house because I forbid it, and she would NEVER disobey me". So given that his actions were justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting