Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,235,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
I'm fundamentally flawed. I believe in ghosts from experience. Didn't right up to three years ago, but now I do.
<sigh> Oh come on now.

There is physical rational for everything that occurs in the universe. There are no ghosts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,678,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
<sigh> Oh come on now.

There is physical rational for everything that occurs in the universe. There are no ghosts.
Ok, but I still believe.

Are you sure? Even if there's PROOF??? I don't mean the scary type monster bad ghosts. I mean the ones that just don't move on and stay in the house or with someone who was close to them. Just people ghosts. Spirits. They're just around.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
No change....still a little chickin sh*t....still hiding in her kindergarten sister's room every night.

The wife and I have been discussing it....and really we have no idea what to do about her. For now....the answer is 'nothing'

I appreciate the advice and insight on here by the posters though.

Edit: And oh yeah. Lil sis decided to go watch a movie in lil bro's room the other night....thereby leaving the 12 year old by herself in the 5 yr old's room. She couldn't sleep because she was scared and decided it would be better to turn the lights on. Also kept coming in our room to whine about being scared to sleep alone....several times....past midnight.

And....saturday night Lil sis and lil bro both slept downstairs in big sis's room and watched a movie together....again...leaving her to sleep by herself....scared.
She's milking that for all it's worth, isn't she. Hmmm.

It has to be obvious that there is no danger or anything scary in her room since two practically babies can sleep down there all by themselves and still live to see daylight.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM

^But you see....that's how rational people think. We're talking about a tween girl.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Ok, but I still believe.

Are you sure? Even if there's PROOF??? I don't mean the scary type monster bad ghosts. I mean the ones that just don't move on and stay in the house or with someone who was close to them. Just people ghosts. Spirits. They're just around.
Lately these haunted house shows have been popping up on TV. What I can't figure out is why any company would want to pay to advertise during the commercial breaks.

There are no 'ghosts' or 'spirits' hanging around. It's your imagination.

The only proof that they may exist is created and falsely rationalized in your own mind.

Unfortunately my sense of reasoning has put a damper on my own religion.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:22 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,224,729 times
Quote:

Something "uncaused" existed sometime, somewhere or else we wouldn't exist now. Even if you believe it was the universe, not God that was uncaused, something did. How does that line up with "reason?"

(I'm not arguing for the existence of ghosts, by the way! Just sayin' )

Old 04-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Lately these haunted house shows have been popping up on TV. What I can't figure out is why any company would want to pay to advertise during the commercial breaks.

There are no 'ghosts' or 'spirits' hanging around. It's your imagination.

The only proof that they may exist is created and falsely rationalized in your own mind.

Those are a lot of hype. But think about it.. There have been stories about ghosts for centuries. They aren't all imagination. Because they can't be explained doesn't mean they don't exist. I, myself have experienced two. My daughter does on a daily basis. There's one in our house. Really.

I reasoned myself right out of religion a number of years ago. My mother is so disappointed in me. She thinks I'm going to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting