Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:44 AM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Immune system damage from vaccines (http://www.cure-guide.com/Vaccine_Guide/Vaccine_articles/Immune_system_damage_from_vacc/immune_system_damage_from_vacc.html - broken link) Immune system damage from vaccines (http://www.cure-guide.com/Vaccine_Guide/Vaccine_articles/Immune_system_damage_from_vacc/immune_system_damage_from_vacc.html - broken link)

To compare the immune response to vaccines in healthy infants to that of HIV infected persons with known serious immunodeficiency is ludicrous. Children with known immunodeficiency are not vaccinated.

There is no association between pertussis vaccine and asthma: Pertussis vaccination in infancy and asthma or allergy in later childhood: birth cohort study

The supreme ignorance of the authors shows in their statement, " For example, the ability of pertussis and DTP vaccines to stimulate the onset of paralytic polio was first noted in 1909. In every polio epidemic since then DTP injections have caused the onset of polio disease."

DTP does not cause polio. Polio causes polio!

The HiB vaccine does not cause diabetes: Association between type 1 diabetes and Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination: birth cohort study -- Karvonen et al. 318 (7192): 1169 -- bmj.com

I cannot respond to the asthma/allergy allegations because I cannot access the original articles online.

What it boils down to is you keep citing anti-vaccine sites full of misinformation written by people with no training in immunology. You post link after link after link with nothing to support your sad belief in the evils of vaccines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 12:01 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,836,530 times
Quote:
http://www.cure-guide.com/Vaccine_Gu...from_vacc.html Immune system damage from vaccines (http://www.cure-guide.com/Vaccine_Guide/Vaccine_articles/Immune_system_damage_from_vacc/immune_system_damage_from_vacc.html - broken link)
This site presumes causation from correlation. Ear infections in infants this age are often the result of the children being placed in daycare where they have more exposure to the bacteria. Studies suggest that bottle fed babies have more ear infections and that pacifier use can also be a factor. There is no reason to believe that vaccines are the cause.

Note that vaccines are the best value for the money in terms of preventing sickness. WHO is actively involved in getting more vaccinations to third world countries. This will decrease the number of babies who die from preventable illnesses.

Child vaccines 'best value for money in aid' | Global development | guardian.co.uk

Haggling over the price of children's lives | Society | guardian.co.uk

Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
vaccines are the best valuefor the money in terms of creating sickness, if not immediately, in your future.big pharma loves vaccines, the problems they cause keep them in BIG money..

Vaccines are indeed the best value for the money in terms of creating sickness and disease..Big pharma loves them, it keeps their money rolling in, from simple colds to autoimmune diseases, to cancer. Medical beliefs in history have been responsible for the deaths of thousand of people

Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,836,530 times
Quote:
vaccines are the best valuefor the money in terms of creating sickness, if not immediately, in your future.big pharma loves vaccines, the problems they cause keep them in BIG money..

Vaccines are indeed the best value for the money in terms of creating sickness and disease..Big pharma loves them, it keeps their money rolling in, from simple colds to autoimmune diseases, to cancer. Medical beliefs in history have been responsible for the deaths of thousand of people
Your information is not based in fact.

So many facts have been pointed out to you, but you persist in believing the conspiracy theorists.

A Conspiracy Theory Spreads Polio :: Daniel Pipes

Quote:
A worldwide campaign begun in 1988 to eradicate the polio infection was on the verge of success when, early in 2003, a conspiracy theory took hold of the Muslim population in northern Nigeria. That conspiracy theory has single-handedly returned polio to epidemic proportions.
Quote:
The polio-vaccine conspiracy theory has had direct consequences: Sixteen countries where polio had been eradicated have in recent months reported outbreaks of the disease – twelve in Africa (Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Sudan, and Togo) and four in Asia (India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen). Yemen has had the largest polio outbreak, with more than 83 cases since April. The WHO calls this "a major epidemic."
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/02/he...irus.html?_r=1

Quote:
Many people from northern Nigeria to the Pakistan frontier have resisted getting polio vaccines because of persistent rumors that it is a Western plot to render Muslim girls infertile or to spread AIDS. (Paradoxically, after several states in Muslim northern Nigeria halted vaccinations in 2003, it was purchases of Indonesian vaccine that finally convinced wary imams and politicians to drop their opposition, because it came from a Muslim country.)

With each new case, the W.H.O.'s goal of eradicating polio by the end of this year slips farther away. Its emergency response fund is virtually depleted and the agency has begun pleading with donors for help controlling new outbreaks in Ethiopia, Yemen and other very poor countries.

At the disease's low point, in early 2003, it was endemic in only six countries: Nigeria, Niger, Egypt, Pakistan, Afghanistan and India.
Luckily, WHO is making progress

WHO | Global polio eradication initiative launches 2010-2012 strategic plan for interrupting polio worldwide

Quote:
Across Africa, 10 of the 15 previously polio-free countries re-infected in 2009 have successfully stopped their outbreaks. Key endemic countries are witnessing historic gains against the disease. Nowhere is progress more evident than Nigeria, where case numbers have plummeted by more than 99% – from 312 cases at this time last year, to three in 2010. In India, for the first time ever, the remaining endemic states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh have not reported any wild poliovirus type 1 cases concurrently for more than six months.
I lived through the Polio epidemic in the 50s. Believe me, you don't want to see this return anywhere.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:18 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Sorry, I don't support quack sites...WHO is resppnsible for pushing their poisins on countless innocent people, THEY are the reason polio is still alive.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:25 PM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't support quack sites...WHO is resppnsible for pushing their poisins on countless innocent people, THEY are the reason polio is still alive.
You can continue to believe your conspiracies. The rest of us will continue to report the facts.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:00 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
Quote:
You know what I don't understand you keep saying WHO is pushing poison, CDC is in cahoots with "big pharma", every single peer-reviewed medical study around the world is done under the coersion/collusion of the CDC, the NIH is experimenting on people, but you repeatedly link these bizarre sites, farm auction sites, sites citing "the rapture", and my personal favorite the holistic site for humans and dogs from Thailand. You have some nerve calling these reputable sites "quack sites" when you have yet to provide a link for any site so far that is not filled with errors and innacuracies. There must be some scientific studies to support your position, right? There must be some proof? You keep disputing the studies we are posting, so where is your proof that these studies are not legitimate?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:09 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You know what I don't understand you keep saying WHO is pushing poison, CDC is in cahoots with "big pharma", every single peer-reviewed medical study around the world is done under the coersion/collusion of the CDC, the NIH is experimenting on people, but you repeatedly link these bizarre sites, farm auction sites, sites citing "the rapture", and my personal favorite the holistic site for humans and dogs from Thailand. You have some nerve calling these reputable sites "quack sites" when you have yet to provide a link for any site so far that is not filled with errors and innacuracies. There must be some scientific studies to support your position, right? There must be some proof? You keep disputing the studies we are posting, so where is your proof that these studies are not legitimate?
Agreed! Especially since an anti-vax poster on another forum keeps telling us that "real" scientists oppose immunizaton. Surely these "real" scientists have done some studies?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed! Especially since an anti-vax poster on another forum keeps telling us that "real" scientists oppose immunizaton. Surely these "real" scientists have done some studies?
I guess it's a well-kept secret they keep to themselves, and their "special" flock, because they sure don't publish any peer-reviewed studies that I have seen. If these studies are so revolutionary, and the damage inflicted by vaccines is so profound, and they are truly trying to protect children from being poisoned, then why not publish these studies everywhere they can?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:10 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I guess it's a well-kept secret they keep to themselves, and their "special" flock, because they sure don't publish any peer-reviewed studies that I have seen. If these studies are so revolutionary, and the damage inflicted by vaccines is so profound, and they are truly trying to protect children from being poisoned, then why not publish these studies everywhere they can?
Yeah. You know, it's so odd. . . In 40 years of nursing, most of it in maternal and child health, including 11 years in an immunization clince, I've never seen any of ths dire stuff happen. You'd think it would have happened at least once or twice, if there were anything to it. Mind you, I have seen kids (usually teens) faint, especially if they haven't eaten in a while, and I've seen kids get fevers and sore arms. Once a kid just couldn't quit sneezing, so we felt he was probably mildly allergic to something in the vaccine. But THAT'S IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting