Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 PM

177 posts, read 471,197 times

Advertisements

i am looking into outdoor surveillance. as i said i will be putting up some fencing in the front yard. the problem in the back is we have an 8 foot drainage ditch owned by the city behind our land. the property is city property and the kids go that way to out yard. im looking into barbed wire in that area as they stole our grill and threw it down this ditch earlier this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
I'm with mistermister on this.

These kids are allowed to run amuck by their parents and they cause trouble.

Throwing baseballs and being neglectful and hitting other peoples property.
Climbing their fence after they have been told not to and with a pool in the backyard as well?? That's not safe for these careless children to be around.
Hitting his younger siblings and telling his brother things he shouldn't know.
And last of all and this pissed me off the most....BB's....those damn kids SHOT BB'S at them????

HAVE YOU EVER FELT A BB? (Directed at the person who says hes trying to dictate his neighbors)
It's hurts A LOT and can even break the skin and make someone bleed.

They do sound like those kind of neighbors.

I would suggest planting tall hedges along the fence line where they hop over, maybe some small cactus plants, or take some electric wire and run it along the top of the fence, you know where you grab on to hop over etc...and put a sign up..."Electric Fence DO NOT TOUCH".

I also suggest video taping the areas they do this stuff.

I know you cannot dictate to other people what they can do on their property but when their kids are throwing baseballs towards your house and hitting your property and your cars etc, trespassing into you yard, hitting your kids, and shooting at them with BB guns, you better bet your arse its HIS business 100%.

I would not have had as much tolerance for them as he and his family had.

I would purposely take time out of my day to watch for balls flying into my yard, id go out and pick them up and keep them. I would put cameras watching my cars and my back yard, I would make it impossible for them to get into my back yard....hell Id make the fence even high so they couldn't climb over it. And if they shot me with a BB gun I would sure as hell call the cops and have them photodocument the welts the BB gun left and id press charges.

These kids KNOW they are doing wrong and they know they can get away with it. There should be some punishment for these little brats.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,616 times
This is just too hard.

After 7 years, can I suggest that you give up and join them. Buy a quad bike, tatoo your kids, start smokin, get a couple of old car bodies deposited in your front yard. Let the pool cultivate new life forms. Spend a few days watching videos from the deep south and learn to speek with a loooong drawwwwl niiiiiccccce aaaaand sloooooo.

Oh and because the good ole u s of a is the land of the gun, go buy one of these

YouTube - DISINTEGRATOR: The Movie (rubber band gun)!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:54 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
everytime they jump the fence call the law enforcement in your area . report them until the law enforcement does soemthing and believe me when law enforcement gets tired of it they will call cps and then those parents will be put to the test and made to make their kids behave or they will move because now they will be investigated . My sister had some neighbors like that and one neighbor finally got tired and started call law enforcement non stop and finallly they got so tired that law enforcement called cps on them and they ended up moving because they got scared of cps taking their kids away .

Old 05-07-2010, 10:44 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,039 times
They sound like colassal PITAs. Unfortunately, you can't reason with hardcore PITAs. You may need to make your property as close to Fort Knox as possible to be happy.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:19 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
I have an idea...
Stick me on your front lawn...I'm sure they'll move in a week.
I don't take crap from neighbors like that and I sure as hell wouldn't have put up with it for 7 years.

Now while I dont know what a "PITA" is and apparently you can't reason with it....I sure as hell could be what makes them move...

Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 PM

677 posts, read 1,620,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm with mistermister on this.

These kids are allowed to run amuck by their parents and they cause trouble.

Throwing baseballs and being neglectful and hitting other peoples property.
Climbing their fence after they have been told not to and with a pool in the backyard as well?? That's not safe for these careless children to be around.
Hitting his younger siblings and telling his brother things he shouldn't know.
And last of all and this pissed me off the most....BB's....those damn kids SHOT BB'S at them????

HAVE YOU EVER FELT A BB? (Directed at the person who says hes trying to dictate his neighbors)
It's hurts A LOT and can even break the skin and make someone bleed.

They do sound like those kind of neighbors.

I would suggest planting tall hedges along the fence line where they hop over, maybe some small cactus plants, or take some electric wire and run it along the top of the fence, you know where you grab on to hop over etc...and put a sign up..."Electric Fence DO NOT TOUCH".

I also suggest video taping the areas they do this stuff.

I know you cannot dictate to other people what they can do on their property but when their kids are throwing baseballs towards your house and hitting your property and your cars etc, trespassing into you yard, hitting your kids, and shooting at them with BB guns, you better bet your arse its HIS business 100%.

I would not have had as much tolerance for them as he and his family had.

I would purposely take time out of my day to watch for balls flying into my yard, id go out and pick them up and keep them. I would put cameras watching my cars and my back yard, I would make it impossible for them to get into my back yard....hell Id make the fence even high so they couldn't climb over it. And if they shot me with a BB gun I would sure as hell call the cops and have them photodocument the welts the BB gun left and id press charges.

These kids KNOW they are doing wrong and they know they can get away with it. There should be some punishment for these little brats.
Great advice. I completely agree, especially the part about electrical or really tall fencing. Hopefully that will solve a lot of the problems.

I also agree with calling the cops when they get out of hand. Maybe that will wake them up.

Idk how you put up with that crap for so long

Old 05-10-2010, 06:01 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,179 times
Two words: Pit Bull.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 AM

114 posts, read 200,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can't believe I read the entire post.

Your family is being one of those overly territorial families.

Your parents are out of line trying to tell them what type of ball to play with while they're in their own yard. If they do damage your cars, then you have a reason to complain. But you didn't share that any damage has occurred.

The 12 year old shouldn't have hit a 7 year old, but your brother should not have hit the other child. I don't care if your brother hits like a girl. Your bother is equally wrong.

As for the mother's attitude, it sounds like she's tired of having conflict with your family.

Every neighborhood has a family that likes to dictate what other people do. I'll never forget when someone tried telling the neighborhood children that they couldn't play in the street. I told my children that the street was public property and they had no right to tell them to not play in the street.

And your family doesn't have a right to tell the kids next door what balls to use when they play in their own yard. Asking them to use tennis balls is really silly. A tennis ball can do damage too. It can fly farther than a baseball and break a house window.

If they damage your car with the balls, have them pay for the damage. But you have no right to dictate what they do while they are in their own yard.

You have neighbour like that? Oh mine here in Sudbury, ON kids play on the streets and no one gives a damn.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM

177 posts, read 471,197 times
Streets are owned by the city, thus being owned by the taxpayers who live on that street. Children are free to play in the street, not on private property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting