Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:25 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermister View Post
Streets are owned by the city, thus being owned by the taxpayers who live on that street. Children are free to play in the street, not on private property.
Get an electric fence...no srsly..DO IT! LOL I kid I kid...

But really...electric fence and maybe a giant dog in your front yard...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 AM

628 posts, read 2,044,707 times
I'm sure they would try to sue if they got zapped by the fence or attacked by a dog--even if on your property. Seriously they sound horrible. We had kids playing in our back yard and throwing stuff against our back doors--the first few times I asked them politely to stay on their property or I don't know--GO PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE EMPTY FIELD IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD!
When they kept doing it--one night I went outside and screamed at the top of my lungs some choice words and that I was calling the cops and I ran them off the property--seriously chased them off--no problems after this! LOL

I know kids are allowed to 'play' in the street but what I don't get is when you slow down and stop for them to move and they just stay in the road and stare at you--get out of my way dummies!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 AM

177 posts, read 471,167 times
the sad thing is we live 2 min. away from a baseball field complex. they could ride their bikes to the park!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
the sad thing is we live 2 min. away from a baseball field complex. they could ride their bikes to the park!
Build a moat...stick some electric eels in there.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:26 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,434,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Now while I dont know what a "PITA" is and apparently you can't reason with it....I sure as hell could be what makes them move...
pain in the @ss.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 PM

118 posts, read 139,158 times
Building a bigger, unclimbable fence will solve the problem. In the mean-time confiscate any balls you see go in your yard and confront any kids that go in yard separately of their mother.

I'm no lawyer but I don't see how it'd be your liability if some kids trespassed and drowned in your pool.

If some kid hit me with a BB gun I would take their BB gun, and that'd be the end of it.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:39 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,692,355 times
Quote:
i am looking into outdoor surveillance. as i said i will be putting up some fencing in the front yard. the problem in the back is we have an 8 foot drainage ditch owned by the city behind our land. the property is city property and the kids go that way to out yard. im looking into barbed wire in that area as they stole our grill and threw it down this ditch earlier this year.
Barbed wire around the top of your fences is a good idea. The suggestion that you keep the gates locked is also good. If they jump IN to retrieve the balls, they would still have to jump OUT and over barbed wire. Not a pretty picture.

The more verbal exchange there is, the worse it will get. If you and your family start grabbing them by the collar when they are in your yard, and placing them back into their yard without saying a word, they will get the message they aren't welcome. If the adults come out to fight about it, just walk away. There are no rules that you have to have a conversation with them.

If you find them in your back yard, simply take them by the arm and PUT them back into their own yard. The fewer words, the better.

The BB gun thing should be reported to the police. Have words with the police, but not the neighbors.

Actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
Build a moat...stick some electric eels in there.
Can I come play at your house?? You sound like a lot of fun !!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Can I come play at your house?? You sound like a lot of fun !!
*falls on floor laughing* oh yeah come over anytime lmao we have lots of fun at my house.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:08 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Quote:
I have an idea...
Stick me on your front lawn...I'm sure they'll move in a week.
I don't take crap from neighbors like that and I sure as hell wouldn't have put up with it for 7 years.

Now while I dont know what a "PITA" is and apparently you can't reason with it....I sure as hell could be what makes them move...
Its something that tastes awesome with double crust cheese fillings and toppings of chopped olives, mushrooms and onion .. yumm .. Lo behold ..its a Pizza im talkin' about

Pain In The AZTEC! lol

Old 05-13-2010, 04:15 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Mr.Mister .. invite them to visit your torcher chamber in the basement ..make sure you dont end up being a laughing stock ..some kids are far more than afraid of anything ..those runts ! .. kids now a days arent scared of clowns and them disgusting rubber masks ! .. u wear em and make a sound ..they'll laugh at you and have a hearty entertainment making u feel like a jerk .. and then they'll say, oooo im soooo scared look my knees are shacking ..neener neener neener .. arrrrgh ! .. I hate McCaulay Culkin !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting