Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,943,046 times

Advertisements

My brother is 15 going on 16 in July.
Up until now he has been a pretty level headed person, very reasonable, mature, smart etc...
Now, he is a nightmare, a complete and total nightmare when it comes to girls, one girl in particular..

He began liking her during his 8th grade year and she liked him back. They both were 14 at the time. My mom found out about all this and freaked out, she rarely let him text her, only wanted him to call her, she went on to her online Verizon account and set his phone to disable all calls and text except to 911, me and my mom from 9pm to 6am even on Friday/Saturday and then it shut off again from 7am to 3pm during weekdays and anytime she felt they were talking too much she'd take his phone, so it was taken often and he only really ever had it when we were out. She wouldn't let him add her on myspace. She went about saying that at his age he shouldn't even have girls as friends or even speak to the outside of school and if they have anything to talk about they can do it over the phone where she can hear...she even went as far as making him get off xbox and shut it off if there was a girl in the party playing...yiikess Very mamma/bobby boucher...(waterboy reference)

Fast forward to now...a few weeks ago he had this xbox friend telling him, to go get drunk, smoke some pot, go to parties and sleep with as many girls as possible.

This lead to him feeling like he needed a girlfriend in his life, not necessarily to have sex, he even told my mom that he didn't want to do all that but he wanted to date and have more freedom. He got back in touch with this girl, when he first started talking to her again she had a boyfriend, the local meathead who liked to hit people, real redneck, recently she broke it off with him, since she YET AGAIN found him to be cheating on her.

Now my brother has been trying to fill his spot, etc.

This girl talks to my brother about her feelings for her "ex", she flirts with my brother and then when he flirts back she gets pissed. He really likes her yet she can't even manage to have a conversation over text with him, she answers "ok" "what?" "huh?".

My brother is distraught. He constantly mopes around and is pissed off over the way she is acting etc. He'll text her and then be in a foul mood when she text her little one word answers.

My mom is positive that the girl is just playing mind games etc.
Right now we are about 8 hours from home on a trip to the Grand Canyon, just a little outside of NM and AZ. We stopped for the night yesterday and things only got worse since he was able to text more since he's been doing a lot of the driving. (He hasn't been texting while driving.) Last night he moped around at the pool and then stormed off on the way back to the room. When we got back my mom explained to him that this trip is to give us all a break from things back home and that if he is going to keep making this miserable because of this girl then she's going to take his phone for the remainder of the trip, she says she DOESN'T want to because she wants him to have fun and enjoy his new phone but will if it continues. He JUST got a blackberry tour yesterday (it was free ) and I would hate to see that happen, the teenager inside me can still imagine how the universe would have stopped spinning had I had a phone like that at 15 and gotten it taken away for any amount of time.

It is driving my mom to the edge. Over the past few weeks it has been hell at home, the both of the constant screaming and yelling from the both of them, my mom has been in tears on the phone to her mom begging her to come fly out and help her with him. This trip is suppose to be a break yet it feels more like I'm a hostage in a horrible mix of Degrassi/Jerry Springer.

This stems from this kid from xbox telling my brother all that stuff about girls, drinking and drugs. He lives in Arizona and my mom and brother were thinking about saying hi to him while we were there...
He is 19 and I really want to kick this kids ass when I see him, just absolutely whip out of Krav on him...Guess who also brought her cuffs and mace on this trip

I need solutions and possible somewhere to hide out after I kick some butt...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,943,046 times
Just an FYI, those restrictions are have been lifted for quite sometime and recently he has gotten a lot of freedom, like getting to go places with groups of friends etc, getting to hang out with friends a lot, she even lets him drive all the time, and he even gets to ride with me when I drive, something that is like more freedom for the both of us because she never used to let him ride alone with me.

So things have progressed and he has a lot of freedom now, which is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting