Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:37 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
why is this any different that a parent and child getting matching tattoos?
I would never tatto a child or allow them to be. My daughter wanted tattooes and I told her when she's 18 she can do that. She waited a few years and was glad I made her wait. She changed her mind by the time she turned 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 07:19 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Brand yourself, not your kids. You can brand your kids with a hot iron but if you discipline them with spanking--not even beating, just a spanking--you can go to jail and lose them. WTH is going on here?
It's simple.... the man's children consented towards being branded so therefore, there should be no charges. With spanking, there never was a consent towards it. Hopefully that answers your question.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
That's quite bizarre. I feel bad for those poor kids..it would be pretty sad to grow up knowing you were thought of as property. I couldn't really tell from the article whether they wanted it or not, so I'll go with not.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:37 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
It's simple.... the man's children consented towards being branded so therefore, there should be no charges. With spanking, there never was a consent towards it. Hopefully that answers your question.
You could say the exact same thing for ANY discipline...

Old 05-15-2010, 07:46 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Parents asking their children's permission to discipline them. Now that's about as moronic as it gets. If children were wise enough to make their own decisions they wouldn't need parents. Looks like some parents still need their parents these days.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:20 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Wow, this is just wrong. You do know, that you can't consent to much before the age of 18, right? In most states you can't even get a tattoo under the age of 18 WITH your parent's consent.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
This just goes to show you. People need to mind their own business. I think few (VERY FEW) agree with branding your children, yet someone has decided to do it, and although we may not agree its none of our business. This time the court (finally) backed the parent's right.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Wow, this is just wrong. You do know, that you can't consent to much before the age of 18, right? In most states you can't even get a tattoo under the age of 18 WITH your parent's consent.
A poster asked a question and I gave the answer.
I know nothing about parenting and don't want to get involve in this subject no more as it tends to lead to flaming. However, IMO the man and his children should be left alone. If someone is satisfied with his/her lifestyle then like SKP440 stated, it should be no one's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting