Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyla View Post
what do you think??
I think these dad's are looking for an excuse to go to Hooters

A 10 year old boy, IMO, will not be looking at the waitresses, although they will be watching how their dad's act.

I don't think they will be "damaged" by it, but it's in really poor taste and actually quite selfish of these parents for not giving their son a birthday party a 10 year old can enjoy and appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Absolutely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyla View Post
hi-i'd love to hear from other people on this one. my sons best friend is having a party at hooters-just a couple of boys and their fathers-my son is not going-my husband and i just dont think its appropriate-by the way, the birthday boy is turning 10-it makes me sad how this is becoming more "normal" where i live-i am in ny-long island-when did it become ok to expose children purposely to such overt sexuality?? if adults want to go fine-but these are kids? what do you think??
I had a few great birthday parties for my kids but when my son turned 10, he had a party at home (a lot of ours were at our home) - we have a large backyard and we're on a lake. At the kids entered, they picked a shirt out of a bag (different color shirts were in the bag) and put it on. That determined what team you were on. We had tons of food and games, games, games, old fashioned games. The kids absolutely loved them and no one wanted to leave or open presents. I also invited some of the kids' older sibs to be coaches/refs during the party too so all bases were covered.

My feeling is this - kids grow up way too fast - let them enjoy while they can.

Sounds like that dad isn't getting enough at home.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I was looking for ideas for my son's birthday party... Tired of the chuck-e-cheese places...
Bowling alley, Sports complex, Jungle wonder, bounce u, or rent a water slide or a moon bounce. All very fun!

Old 05-22-2010, 05:18 PM

hooters is supposedly a "family" restaurant. Yet they are to attract men too. And my male friends actually get uncomfortable when the girls are around. I would look at the parents and say its more for 16-18 yr old kid.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
To people who supposedly have a problem with their children eating at Hooters: Would you take your child to a pro football game? Would you take your children to a Rockettes show?

Because that's the level of sexuality your child will see, minus the atmosphere of Hooters, in which waitresses are encouraged to play with your children (hula hoop, musical chairs, etc.)

Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM

My son has been to a Philly's game......but I think I'll wait on the eagles game....fans are nuts.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
To people who supposedly have a problem with their children eating at Hooters: Would you take your child to a pro football game? Would you take your children to a Rockettes show?

Because that's the level of sexuality your child will see, minus the atmosphere of Hooters, in which waitresses are encouraged to play with your children (hula hoop, musical chairs, etc.)
The focus of a pro football game is FOOTBALL. Yes, there are cheerleaders there, but they aren't the REASON for going. I think it is odd, for lack of a better word, to have a restaurant that's 2 themes are boobs and playing with kids. If the main focus was playing with kids, the waitresses wouldn't wear such suggestive uniforms, and it wouldn't be called Hooters.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:43 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I had a few great birthday parties for my kids but when my son turned 10, he had a party at home (a lot of ours were at our home) - we have a large backyard and we're on a lake. At the kids entered, they picked a shirt out of a bag (different color shirts were in the bag) and put it on. That determined what team you were on. We had tons of food and games, games, games, old fashioned games. The kids absolutely loved them and no one wanted to leave or open presents. I also invited some of the kids' older sibs to be coaches/refs during the party too so all bases were covered.

My feeling is this - kids grow up way too fast - let them enjoy while they can.

Sounds like that dad isn't getting enough at home.
Couldn't agree more, what are these parents thinking about, whatever happened to parties at home? more suitable for 10 year olds and i'm sure as people have suggested there are many other places to eat, i'm surprised it is called a family restaurant, kids grow up quick enough these days, don't take away their innocence just yet.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
The focus of a pro football game is FOOTBALL. Yes, there are cheerleaders there, but they aren't the REASON for going. I think it is odd, for lack of a better word, to have a restaurant that's 2 themes are boobs and playing with kids. If the main focus was playing with kids, the waitresses wouldn't wear such suggestive uniforms, and it wouldn't be called Hooters.
The main focus (at least what we're told every jumpstart) is FUN, FUN, FUN, attentive service and wings.

What is the most salient think you'll notice that's different at a Hooters as opposed to any other restaurant?

Your waitress will sit down with you and take your order. She'll play games and try to involve you and your kids in them. Other girls who are not your waitress will stop by, talk and visit with you and write their name on a napkin. They'll try to involve you in games. E3 service.

She won't be shaking her chest in your face and talking to you about boobs.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:22 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
The main focus (at least what we're told every jumpstart) is FUN, FUN, FUN, attentive service and wings.

What is the most salient think you'll notice that's different at a Hooters as opposed to any other restaurant?

Your waitress will sit down with you and take your order. She'll play games and try to involve you and your kids in them. Other girls who are not your waitress will stop by, talk and visit with you and write their name on a napkin. They'll try to involve you in games. E3 service.

She won't be shaking her chest in your face and talking to you about boobs.
Damit that's what my wife said. Can't we just have our illusions.
I love Hooters wings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting