Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So you had no flower girl or ring bearer in your wedding party?
18 years old minimum and had to show ID at the door to the church... where they were given bracelets for entry into the reception. Otherwise they had to be 21.

Can't take any chances that there could be a TANTRUM!

For me personally, some of the funniest video and best pictures of the reception are cousins, aunts, uncles, etc... Having the family together made the event the best.

You can have a "cocktail party" anytime.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
you refer to children as accessories, while most consider them part of families. when you were planning your wedding you should have not even invited parents who have children, especially young ones, because most of them wouldn't come without their children. so you didn't need to invite them period. but you did and had a lot of them, like you said, get upset with you. you're also comparing r-rated movies with weddings. i don't understand that.
People will get a babysitter and go without their kids. For example, I am the type that ALWAYS plans for kids (to the point there is a kid's table for those big enough to sit at it and a "teenager" table if there are enough of them) and I have had many people accept on behalf of themselves, but say something like, "It will end too late for my childrens' bedtime, so they will not be coming to the anniversary party, etc."

Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
"Breeder" also, I find that highly offensive and dehumanizing.
I have never heard a straight person use this derogatory term.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:03 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
So you had no flower girl or ring bearer in your wedding party?
It was a small wedding. My sisters' kids were all too old for that, anyway. Put it to you this way: Most of them were old enough to appreciate the open beer and wine bar.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniRomo View Post
As a father of a 16 month old you would expect me to come here and defend parents with children in this scenario but I won't. When my wife and I take our son out to eat we understand that in order to keep him behaved we are going to have to sacrifice our enjoyability at meal time immeasurably, to the point where it's not even worth it to go out to eat often. Most parents with kids who act up can be directly attributed to lazy, neglectful parenting. When we are out with our son , one of our hands is always moving. Helping him feed himself, wiping up after his small spills, picking up food thats fallen on floor alongside his highchair. In addition to that constant attention is required. There is no break, no lull in the action. Sugar packs, utensils, jelly packs, napkins all can be utuilized as distractions and must constantly be handed to explained to the child in the periods of quick lull when the child isnt eating. ALL OF THIS AND THEN SOME IS REQUIRED TO KEEP A CHILD IN LINE.. Some days are better than others, but eating out with a kid is akin to running a 100m dash and starting 10 meters behind. As a father myself anytime i hear a parent say "WELL UMM.. THEY ARE KIDS AND THATS WHAT KIDS DO, OR WHY DONT YOU TRY THIS WITH KIDS" I understand that these parents miss teh point and their kids will probably grow up to be as selfish and self cenetered as their parents!
Great post! It reminds me of my brother-in-law during my niece's early years ... more often than not he was outside the restaurant or in the lobby with my niece walking her around, etc., instead of actually eating because he always wanted to give my sister a break and would not just sit there, act oblivious, and subject the entire dining room to a meltdown!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
alright. let's do it
We do. Check our warmongering and empire building history.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I'm not from long island. i don't like soccer, but looovvvvveee football. it is called football. repeat after me: football. the whole world calls it footballs. let's get on board already.
Then what will we call American football?

Should we comply with the rest of the world and use:

-- the metric system?
-- A4 paper instead of 8-1/2 x 11 paper?

America is different.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFD240 View Post
lol... yup you got me.. i don't value my family because i keep my kids quiet when we go out and i think those family stickers are stupid... my gig's up... good work detective
So when will I see you on a TV real life crime show for killing the whole lot of them?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
Quote:
We do. Check our warmongering and empire building history.
You sound like an old hippie!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Great post! It reminds me of my brother-in-law during my niece's early years ... more often than not he was outside the restaurant or in the lobby with my niece walking her around, etc., instead of actually eating because he always wanted to give my sister a break and would not just sit there, act oblivious, and subject the entire dining room to a meltdown!
Heh, my niece brought a bag filled with stuff to the local Applebee's to keep my grand-nephew occupied when we met up for lunch. She had packed so much stuff into that thing, it was like it was bottomless. Paper, crayons, toys, and the ubiquitous snack-sized bag of Cheerios. My grand-nephew is a hoot, too. He's on a bird kick. "Geen bird! Boo burd! Red bird! I see bird! BIRD BIRD BIRD!"

And they live in Florida. Must be genetic. I should prank my niece next time they're up here and get him hooked on "Surfin' Bird."

Now if only she would stop instilling a particular belief in him, I'd have no concerns. The kid needs to know the one true message, that it is better to be a Met fan and suffer in the earthly realm than a Yankee fan and risk eternal damnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting