Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,957,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimasa View Post
Good manners is really all about treating other people with courtesy and respect.
Agreed -- people are lacking respect these days, and that just travels to their kids. It's terrible.

[ Moderator cut: that post was deleted

Hmm.... read above.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-24-2010 at 07:02 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,237,428 times
I think another thing to think about is what time you are eating. If you are out to dinner at 5PM expect to see more families with their kids, no matter where you are going.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 AM

939 posts, read 2,307,109 times
it's beacause there are not enough bats anymore to swoop down and carry away unruly children...

Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,838,163 times
if they're noisy, I can take it... I know what that's like. Just don't let them run around.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:37 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,778,062 times
I do agree that if the place is chez fancy ; its not really the place for kids.

Even still at age 10 & 11, there are places that dh and I will eat alone. Its not that my kids are bold ; they are very good, but I do think of the other patrons also.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,862,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
I was at Ruth's Chris in Garden City for Valentines Day one year and the couple next to had a ~5 year old. The parents were eating steak and their children was eating a happy meal that they brought for him. It didn't really affect my meal other than the shock/surprise that someone one would do that. I was surprised the restaurant allowed it. It was super tacky.
Wow! Snobbery Long Island style at its worst!

You know last year we went to Charlie Brown's in Commack and we brought some food with us for our 2 year old son because he is mildly autisitic and has a narrow range of foods that he will eat. Well.......

the manager came over and said that we couldn't have outside food. We explained the situation and he still gave us a hard time. Being a frequent customer of Charlie Brown's I proceeded to rip up my Handshake Club card and told him I would never come back again! I've spread word to other parents too about this place.

This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened and at family friendly places too. I'm sorry but my family WILL NOT back down on this sort of thing. Children are people and the lack of charity and tolerance in this society nowadays towards them is just dreadful.

I guess us pepole with kids will get the last laugh as those kid haters will eventually be eliminated from the gene pool. Evolution is a ***** isn't it?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:03 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,862,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
They're kids... K-I-D-S

Amazing. Just more proof how uptight and non-family friendly LI is becoming.
I agree 100% The attitudes of some people here are just abominable.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 AM

520 posts, read 1,649,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
How is this snobby? This is just proper restaurant etiquette. Most restaurant have a policy that no outside food is allowed. I wouldn't let my child bring food into a restaurant once they are old enough to eat normal food. And to compare Charlie Browns to Ruths Chris is a little ridiculous. If it is some sort of diet restriction I would understand. But, How could McDonalds fill some sort of diet restriction?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:31 AM

280 posts, read 246,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
How is this snobby? This is just proper restaurant etiquette. Most restaurant have a policy that no outside food is allowed. I wouldn't let my child bring food into a restaurant once they are old enough to eat normal food. And to compare Charlie Browns to Ruths Chris is a little ridiculous. If it is some sort of diet restriction I would understand. But, How could McDonalds fill some sort of diet restriction?
LOL That's what I was thinking.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 AM

316 posts, read 988,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post

You know last year we went to Charlie Brown's in Commack and we brought some food with us for our 2 year old son because he is mildly autisitic and has a narrow range of foods that he will eat. Well.......

the manager came over and said that we couldn't have outside food. We explained the situation and he still gave us a hard time. Being a frequent customer of Charlie Brown's I proceeded to rip up my Handshake Club card and told him I would never come back again! I've spread word to other parents too about this place.

This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened and at family friendly places too. I'm sorry but my family WILL NOT back down on this sort of thing. Children are people and the lack of charity and tolerance in this society nowadays towards them is just dreadful.

I guess us pepole with kids will get the last laugh as those kid haters will eventually be eliminated from the gene pool. Evolution is a ***** isn't it?
I would have called first, to explain the need to bring in outside food. A restaurant is in business to sell their food after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.