Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Oh, come on, people, get a sense of humor! That has to be one of the best ad campaigns I've ever seen: "My diaper is full...full of chic...and when I do #2, I still look like #1. I poo in blue." Pure comedy gold!
I agree. I laughed when I saw the commercial. Great marketing. I don't see the big deal. I remember when the green ketchup came out. Ya, I bought it cuz it was fun and different. My son loved it.

Yes the diapers will be covered up but so is cute underwear. That doesn't seem stop anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I just saw a commercial and thought, oh hell no! But then I figured there must be a market out there, else the company would not be marketing them.

So, how many of you parents like this stuff, and would put your children in them? I'm guessing parents who only buy expensive name brand items for their children would do this. Am I wrong?

Just saw that commercial today for the first time - it was funny!! I like unique commercials like that

Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,577 times
This thread makes me smile! As someone who works in the marketing branch of Kimberly-Clark (Huggies manufacturer), I'm very glad the advertisement was a hit

And yes, there are MANY people who will buy this product. I can't say I was especially thrilled with the idea of the product, but now looking at the numbers I'm happily surprised.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
This thread makes me smile! As someone who works in the marketing branch of Kimberly-Clark (Huggies manufacturer), I'm very glad the advertisement was a hit

And yes, there are MANY people who will buy this product. I can't say I was especially thrilled with the idea of the product, but now looking at the numbers I'm happily surprised.

How cool!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,726,665 times
I don't buy expensive clothes for my son -- we shop mostly garage sales and Goodwill. But yeah, maybe I'd buy those. I wouldn't spend any extra, but if they were on sale or priced the same as the others I might buy them. (don't love all the extra dyes and things, but then again most "normal" diapers aren't exactly chemical-free, either.) They're a novelty, that's all.

Then again, I never understood why diapers have designs on them at all, or TV or cartoon characters, etc., and don't really see how pretend jeans are any different, other than offering some new marketing angles.

Actually, thinking about it, I might not buy these; my son needs to be potty-trained, and I need him to think of diapers as boring and babyish, not "big boy"! We're leaving the fun stuff for the underpants.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,154 times
Huggies always leak when I put my dd in them. The cheap store-brand diapers work better. I certainly wouldn't pay more for something that gets thrown away.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
Huggies always leak when I put my dd in them. The cheap store-brand diapers work better. I certainly wouldn't pay more for something that gets thrown away.
If you don't mind me asking, what difference do you see in terms of the diaper? These tips are always helpful.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:08 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what difference do you see in terms of the diaper? These tips are always helpful.

Honestly Strawflower I can't figure out the difference. All I know is that they leak. I had a baby in January and I was given all types of Huggies at my shower (regular, pure and natural, little movers, etc.) They all leaked at some point even though I'm very careful about changing diapers every two hours or so or more often if I smell or hear something.

I was also given Pampers, Luvs, and a local storebrand called Tuggaboos (from Rite Aid). Generally, they only leak if dd has an extreme bowel movement.

Maybe it has something to do with the fit. I notice that Huggies have wider leg openings, which probably allows more leakage.

Anyway if they fixed the problem, I'd be glad to buy them. I have tons of coupons and I buy the Huggies brand Pure and Natural wipes. Interestingly, I bought a pack of Huggies Little Swimmers last week when I set up our kiddie pool and they didn't leak at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting