Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Wrong. If they enter illegally, they are illegal aliens sucking off our tax dollars and it's also not fair to those who go through the proper channels.

Unconstitutional? Funny that's never been brought before the Supreme Court then isn't it?

The Netherlands won't allow you (a US citizen) to even legally emigrate there. Is that racist? If you enter Mexico illegally, you'll be jailed.

You also seem to be in the dark as far as how many members of terrorist organizations are caught illegally entering the USA every year...the number is astounding!

So you call AZ racist and then expose yourself as a racist by using racial slurs?
For the record, I am caucasion, but I am tired of my herd. Power to the people.! Don't get the impression I listen to hip hop or speak ghetto. I still stand in support of all the downtrodden

Old 07-08-2010, 01:55 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The Immigration issue is racially motivated. If there were french Canadians and illegal Irish immigramts nothing would be said. Open the borders and let them all in. Come one, come all. Immigration is unconstitutional. AZ has always been racist to begin with, so now they show their true colors to all. More Latinos need to invade Hazelton and Scranton and set those honky coal crackers straight! Whoooo!!
Why does 68% of the Hispanics in Arizona support the law?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,454 times
Quote:
For the record, I am caucasion, but I am tired of my herd. Power to the people.! Don't get the impression I listen to hip hop or speak ghetto. I still stand in support of all the downtrodden
Everything STARTS with one person...YOU. You can only control you. Unless you are feeling guilty about something you've done or said, then there is no reason for you to assume some type of white guilt on everyone's behalf.

The Constitution doesn't guarantee that everyone will be successful, rich, and without any worries. It ONLY gives everyone the equal opportunity to pursue those things if they are motivated to do so.

I will stick up for EVERYONE'S civil and common rights...not just for those who complain more than the next.

We ALL have civil rights. Nothing denies my civil rights more than to murder me. Therefore, since the government has the OBLIGATION to protect my civil rights, I expect them to close the border to those who would come here to hurt, maim, or kill me.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susquehannock View Post
why does 68% of the hispanics in arizona support the law?

+1 !!!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:06 PM

23 posts, read 59,762 times
I'm an american mutt. My great-grandparents were from Ireland and Germany. Funnily enough, they learned english and their children did not even speak german at home. And one of them married an american indian. So no, I am not against legal immigration. There is a HUGE difference.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Default can I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushSuks View Post
Just make sure your first inline to pick apples or any of the other back breaking labor they perform. They provide a service that no one wants to do, trust me I live in apple orchard country. When you get rid of them, you are raising business cost of local farmers which I am sure you and your republican friends will be picking them. 50 cents a bushel, I think they pay them. They sure are stealing jobs that I want...LOL

As soon as Federal Immigration Reform goes through the thing in AZ will be forgotten like the bush tax cuts on the rich.... Good riddance to both failed laws.
I have 15 people living in my house. Get ready, I'm moving in with you! Get extra food for us!!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:00 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Quote:
aren't you lucky!!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susquehannock View Post
Why does 68% of the Hispanics in Arizona support the law?
Your source, please?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:08 AM

2 posts, read 3,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Wrong. If they enter illegally, they are illegal aliens sucking off our tax dollars and it's also not fair to those who go through the proper channels.

Unconstitutional? Funny that's never been brought before the Supreme Court then isn't it?

The Netherlands won't allow you (a US citizen) to even legally emigrate there. Is that racist? If you enter Mexico illegally, you'll be jailed.

You also seem to be in the dark as far as how many members of terrorist organizations are caught illegally entering the USA every year...the number is astounding!

So you call AZ racist and then expose yourself as a racist by using racial slurs?
Please name at least one terrorist that has come through the Mexican border or other borders? There is ZERO evidence that "astounding numbers" of terrorists are caught illegally entering the USA every year. It is fear mongering and it is a lie. Actual terrorists do not want to attract unwanted attention which is why we rarely catch these guys before they attack. Look at the 9/11 hijackers, the majority, if not all, were here legally on various Visas.

Can you even think of one recent attempted terrorist attack that involved someone who entered illegally? I cannot but I may be missing one. But regardless, overall they are here legally. The failed Times Square bomber was a US citizen, the Fort Hood shooter was also a US citizen. If you count the non Muslim terrorists as terrorists (I do as they intended to terrorize) then they were also US citizens (IRS bomber, Pentagon Guard killer, abortion doctor killer etc). If you count the people in cells who were caught within the past year, they were not here illegally either.

Claiming terrorists come here illegally to strengthen your immigration stance is intellectually dishonest and outright false considering you have provided no credible evidence to support your claim. I have researched this debunked talking point before and have not found any evidence that suggests terrorists are actually coming through the border illegally.

EDIT: And if we really want to make a big dent in illegals coming here, prosecute the businesses who hire them! It is common sense to kill the incentive for them coming here as a lot of them come here simply to work and send the money back home. How come I never see conservatives support this idea?

Last edited by enemy2k; 07-10-2010 at 06:17 AM..

Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Your source, please?

Look at the Rasmussen poll.....it says 70%:

Headline:

Majority of Latinos in Arizona support letting cops check for immigration status
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania