Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2006, 08:55 AM

24 posts, read 127,262 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for recommending Chester County as a "nice place to live". We are hoping to relocate there in the next 6-9 months. I've been looking on the web for new home communities in this area. Our price range is between $325,000 and $425,000.

Any suggestions for New Home Communities or Builders in this area (Single Family Homes)? We like the country setting but want to be within 20 to 30 minutes of shopping and restaurants.

Also how far is this county from NYC, NJ and Delaware?

Are there alot of NYC people living in this area? I have a strong Brooklyn accent and hope it will not cause me problems. I am very outgoing but here in Richmond VA, the Southerners will talk to me but it stops there. I think I am being stereotyped as a "Rude New Yorker" and no matter how friendly I am, they do not want to start a friendship. My son, although raised in Phoenix is not too happy in Richmond either and is hoping that the people in Chester County are more receptive.

I welcome any advice.

Best Regards,
Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 01:59 PM

179 posts, read 1,067,224 times
well first chester county is large and is definately growing but still considered rural in most parts. You best bet for country style and still within the time limits of civilization would be chester springs and downingtown isn't bad either. However be careful of the schoold districts in downingtown, many of the new homes are actually in coatesville schoold district which is the least desirable school district. I work as an agent for century 21 and did a quick search there are over 173 new home listings out there. If you want something built from scratch you need to come up soon and pick it out cause it will take a few months. Some of the best home builders, Toll Brothers national company, ryan homes, keystone and bucks [cut]

Last edited by Marka; 09-22-2006 at 11:10 AM..

Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 PM

17 posts, read 64,448 times
I moved to Chester County little over a year ago, from Delaware county. I liked Delco, but I love Chesco. I built my dream house on a hill in Honey Brook. We love the Twin Valley School District and perhaps more importantly, my daughter loves it. Honey Brook is no closer nor farther to my office in Oaks, Pa than my old home in Drexel Hill. I love the character of the area, all the Amish buggies, going to the Mud sales in the spring, and the clear birght night skies. I think you will like this part of Chester county.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:42 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarcos1 View Post
Thanks everyone for recommending Chester County as a "nice place to live". We are hoping to relocate there in the next 6-9 months. I've been looking on the web for new home communities in this area. Our price range is between $325,000 and $425,000.

Any suggestions for New Home Communities or Builders in this area (Single Family Homes)? We like the country setting but want to be within 20 to 30 minutes of shopping and restaurants.

Also how far is this county from NYC, NJ and Delaware?

Are there alot of NYC people living in this area? I have a strong Brooklyn accent and hope it will not cause me problems. I am very outgoing but here in Richmond VA, the Southerners will talk to me but it stops there. I think I am being stereotyped as a "Rude New Yorker" and no matter how friendly I am, they do not want to start a friendship. My son, although raised in Phoenix is not too happy in Richmond either and is hoping that the people in Chester County are more receptive.

I welcome any advice.

Best Regards,
Linda

The best thing to do is look up building consultant. That is a new program that seems to be taking off. Many people are fed up with builders and deserve a better deal. With a building consultant they know the right contractors to use and get great pricing because they use them often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania