Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 AM

3 posts, read 3,856 times

Advertisements

Good morning Pennsylvanians!
I am writing to ask for help with a project I am working on. It is called ADERS (Autism Diagnostic Evaluations Resources & Services). We are a new nonprofit agency starting up in Central PA (serving Union, Northumberland, Montour, Columbia, & Lycoming Counties). As anyone affected by autism in this area knows that we need more and better services in this area: from early diagnosis to family issues, advocacy, and adult services. We hope to start providing these services beginning this fall starting with adult services and early diagnosis.

Here's where we need help: we have entered the Pepsi Refresh Everything Project in hopes of winning a $25,000 grant. In order to get the grant, we need people to vote for our agency every day either online, by text message, facebook, or all 3! We competed in August and did very well... it looks like we are going to finish around 40th place out of over 300 other competitors. That is phenomenal for a small group to do.

In order to read our full proposal and vote, please go to this website: Address the needs of people affected by autism in Central PA. | Pepsi Refresh Everything

While competing in August we learned that past groups have won by forming "alliances" with other groups. We began to form alliances with other autism groups. You get 10 votes per day, only one can go to ADERS. That leaves 9 other votes for other groups. You can pick what groups you want to vote for- please leave a comment in their comment section saying that you're with ADERS. This encourages their members to return a vote for us.

Or, you can see our official partners at this website: vote (http://www.dogsforautism.com/vote - broken link)

Thank you for reading this post and (hopefully) taking the time to vote. Voting will go from September 1 through the end of the month. Feel free to ask me any questions, or if you happen to enter a project in the Pepsi Refresh Project, maybe we can form another alliance? Thanks again, have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 09:05 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,454 times
I texted a vote for your group and will continue to do so throughout September. I'll also pass the word along to others to help you win.

Although I am in Western PA, I wish your agency the best of luck.

After MANY years of struggling, my autistic Son was finally able to get the services he needed. It now may be too little too late for him, but I know the value of early diagnosis and help. Thank YOU for taking up this cause on behalf of those who cannot help themselves.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,856 times
Thank you for your support! Keep an eye on us in September- we're hoping to get all the way to the top! Feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I will soon be posting directions for voting for our partners (if you are interested).

Old 08-30-2010, 06:15 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,454 times
I have been a strong advocate for Autism and the handicapped in general for many years now.

I could tell you some real eye-openers!

BTW: There's an online group that I may be able to recruit to offer their help too.

PS: You may have seen that Temple Grandin won an Emmy last night....thta can only be a positive in regards to awareness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania