U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 12,632 times

Advertisements

i would like to buy a house in pocono area, saw nice house in carbon county. is it a nice area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 05:40 PM

13,321 posts, read 21,710,536 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9942003 View Post
i would like to buy a house in pocono area, saw nice house in carbon county. is it a nice area?
Carbon is nice.......it has lower taxes the Monroe......which is also great.
If you commute it is a bit out of the way. It doesnt have the crime of places like Stroudsburg which has the city entering its domain, unfortunately.
Carbon has a wonderful Park called Hickory Run, for camping, hiking, swimming and exploring. it has wonderful towns and skiing....
Its a big county I don't know which end of it you are thinking of.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:50 AM

3 posts, read 12,632 times
Default Summering

Thanks its a house in Indian mountain lake community, by any chance do you know how is the community? Also trying to get a house where crime is low

Old 06-30-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks its a house in Indian mountain lake community, by any chance do you know how is the community? Also trying to get a house where crime is low
I have heard nothing bad about Indian Mt. Lakes ........I pass that way often. It well gated though, so I can't go in to browse. Darn. I'd love to see the lakes in there and how it is set up.
That is the one problem for an outsider. Trying to see if you'd like the area or not..........and needing a realtor to be able to tour it.
I have heard of no crime in there nor any bad vibes in anyway.
It is a bit off of the beaten path........but, with all it has, sounds well worth it.
If you don't mind a slightly longer journey to the grocerey store or other stores. I think it sounds swell for you........

Old 06-30-2007, 01:34 PM

27 posts, read 156,104 times
I would look at Bear Creek Lakes...It's not gated, so you'll be able to explore it yourself. Also, it has a 160 acre motorboat lake, two beaches, a clubhouse, heated pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, boat slip...from my experience it's one of the nicest communities up there. Whatever you do, if you end up looking at Stroudsburg stay far away from Country Club of the Poconos and Big Ridge as several developers are having some big issues in there.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
You should go check that out Mark.........go ahead in there.
You know the advice on TV today was just that. Go........go to where you want to move too. Speak with the neighbors, the locals.......have a sandwich with the locals........Learn and seek, just like your doing here. Before you make this large investment.
But.......as far as I know......and I am not far from there at all.
You'd be just fine at your Indian Mt. Lakes

Old 06-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwr6348 View Post
I would look at Bear Creek Lakes...It's not gated, so you'll be able to explore it yourself. Also, it has a 160 acre motorboat lake, two beaches, a clubhouse, heated pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, boat slip...from my experience it's one of the nicest communities up there. Whatever you do, if you end up looking at Stroudsburg stay far away from Country Club of the Poconos and Big Ridge as several developers are having some big issues in there.
Wow, the lake sounds great. I didn't know there was a close motor boating lake, for living near besides Harveys Lake, Lake Harmony........
Would love to see pictures and have more information that is hard to come by even with google.........hummmm

Old 06-30-2007, 04:17 PM

27 posts, read 156,104 times
Summerling,

As far as I know there is no community website like most have, though for pics your best bet is probably to look at the public MLS for photos and such.
Try Lehigh Valley Multiple Listing Service click on "Find Properties" in the upper left hand corner. The actual area is Penn Forest Twp, and put in Bear Creek Lakes as the subdivision. This should allow you to view everything available, though most of the listings have detailed pictures of the area.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:38 PM

7 posts, read 25,193 times
Are you specifically looking for a development. I have friends in Indian Mtn
lakes and another development called Sierra View which is on the other side
of Rte 115. Both are starting to see some incidents of crime as is much of
the area. You should a also consider that the elevation of the development
brings for colder temperatures and more snow in the winter months. I suggest
that you look for homes outside of any development down the mountain maybe
near Effort Saylorsburg,or Brodheadsville. There are many homes on the market now and believe me, the temperature is warmer down the mountain.
I have lived her for 15 years and could try to help you with more questions if
you like

Old 07-02-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpek View Post
Are you specifically looking for a development. I have friends in Indian Mtn
lakes and another development called Sierra View which is on the other side
of Rte 115. Both are starting to see some incidents of crime as is much of
the area. You should a also consider that the elevation of the development
brings for colder temperatures and more snow in the winter months. I suggest
that you look for homes outside of any development down the mountain maybe
near Effort Saylorsburg,or Brodheadsville. There are many homes on the market now and believe me, the temperature is warmer down the mountain.
I have lived her for 15 years and could try to help you with more questions if
you like
Thats true............warmer down here..........LOL
It gets colder and windy up in those higher mountain ranges.
I did hear of more crime in SView........but, not Indian Mt. Lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania