Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 PM

59 posts, read 138,071 times

Advertisements

We just did a visit to lhu this past weekend. My daughter really liked the university, for those who live in the area or went there what are your thoughts to help her decision since she likes a couple others in ny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 07:32 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,358,091 times
Decision time is not until May 1. My suggestion is to apply to several colleges, let your daughter think about all of them over the winter and go to the accepted students events next year. Time enough to make a decision then. But, to answer your question, I know a few students from our HS that went to Lock Haven and enjoyed it. I can't see paying out of state tuition though when you have very good schools in the SUNY system.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 PM

712 posts, read 1,960,501 times
My one sister was something of a professional student at one point of her life and she attended Lock Haven - Clearfield and picked up her degree in Nursing. She worked at several local hospitals and also Presby and in Parma Ohio. She never had a problem finding a good job.

The main campus is much different then the branch campus.

I would keep my options open - because unless your daughter has the grades to get on main campus right off the bat, she might end up at one of the branch campuses for the first year or two. You never know where you are going to end up until you get accepted.

It is a very fine school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania