Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2007, 11:31 AM

6 posts, read 23,154 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move somwhere in the Poconos possibly Pike or Monroe County. NJ is so expensive so the poconos sounds cheap. what areas there in your opinion is good in monroe or Pike County. By the way in North Jersey where we are we get NYC tv stations . how will the tv situation be in Monroe or Pike county? The same or different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas10123 View Post
We are planning to move somwhere in the Poconos possibly Pike or Monroe County. NJ is so expensive so the poconos sounds cheap. what areas there in your opinion is good in monroe or Pike County. By the way in North Jersey where we are we get NYC tv stations . how will the tv situation be in Monroe or Pike county? The same or different?
Thomas, I'm sure you will enjoy Pa. I prefer Monroe........just because I like its great location. I like being close to Philly ( under 2 hours) New York ( one and a half). Plus I like being near to Allentowns Airport, and Mall and Eastons and Phillipsburgs shopping. ABE airport will get you to anyplace, without the big hassle. Great parking, wonderful long term lot. Just fantastic.
I would head for Saylorsburg, Sciota, Brodheadsville, Kresgeville, Gilbert area.
Most homes are on a minimum of one to two acres. The prices will thrill you.
Yes, we get all the New York Stations, what would I do without them!
Don't worry we get ABC, CBS and NBC NY morning news.( Night news too) Plus our own local news, and two wonderful Wilkes Barre area, Scranton area newscasts.
When I first arrived I spent my mornings laughing at Joe the Scranton weather man. It seemed so different to have a weather person who was able to joke around and have fun. A breath of fresh air from New Jersy........
A smile starts the day!!!
You'll want to stay South of Stroudsburg. A great daytime town, but not at all what it use to be.
Thats ok.......because living south of there you have tons of other choices.
We travel to the Regal Cinemas for wonderful movies. Just off of 33 south at the Wilson 248 exit. There also is a Wegmans, Walmart, Sams etc.
Further down 248 is the Palmer Mall with my favorite Pa stores.......
Boscovs, and Bon Ton, Childrens Place and many others.
Phillipsburg has a great Mall with Sears and Bon Ton also, plus up further is a Lowes, Home Depot, and huge Toys R US, Walmart and others.......
There are some wonderful homes here for sale, that I know in NJ would be in the 400 to 500 range........
You will love the fairs, the shows at the Wilkes Barre Arena, the Dickson City area shopping and when its rebuilt.......Country Junction.......just a fun, interesting place.
Good luck to you..........and Welcome.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania