Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,981 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to move to Bedford for our jobs and have had quite a lot of trouble finding any sort of houses/apartments to rent in that area. We haven't been able to find anything online and are curious if anybody knows of any places or has any information on places to rent in the area. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,937 times
Default Moving to Bedford, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeunen View Post
My wife and I are looking to move to Bedford for our jobs and have had quite a lot of trouble finding any sort of houses/apartments to rent in that area. We haven't been able to find anything online and are curious if anybody knows of any places or has any information on places to rent in the area. Thanks!!!
So pick up a paper. The Bedford Gazette is available by US Mail to anywhere and there are usually a dozen or so apartments of various sorts to pick from. Many of these are one and two bedroom, in town, usually part of a home which an older person occupies. These are perfect for childless couples, singles, retired couples or individuals. There are a few home in outlying areas and I have seen one one a farm recently. Go for it. It's a neat place.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 AM

2 posts, read 9,730 times
Talking Moving too!!

My husband recently was offered a position in Bedford PA. I have ben looking it up on the internet and find it t be very interesting. We live in PA now. I am very excited about the move but was wondering how the town in set up. Are there stores closed by. Is there a mall? I have my daughter involved in activities such as soccer and gymnastics and wanted to make sure there were programs available in Bedford as well. Write if you know this info. Thanks Missy

Old 12-03-2007, 07:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsnyder View Post
So pick up a paper. The Bedford Gazette is available by US Mail to anywhere and there are usually a dozen or so apartments of various sorts to pick from. Many of these are one and two bedroom, in town, usually part of a home which an older person occupies. These are perfect for childless couples, singles, retired couples or individuals. There are a few home in outlying areas and I have seen one one a farm recently. Go for it. It's a neat place.
We are also lookin for houseing and my husbad is trying tofind a rweasonable little apartment until we can join him there.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 AM

3 posts, read 13,057 times
Default Apartment Bedford PA-near high school, horses

My daughter is moving to Bedford to work at the high school, and came across your post, and saw you had some of the same trouble she is having finding a rental property. She will be working for Franklin and Marshall college, while she there, and she would be living there at least two years.
She would like a small apartment near the high school, and she is interested in finding a place to ride. We have horses, and she would like continue with that. If you can give us any leads that would be great.
Our e-mail address is [email]windsweptstables@comcast.net[/email]

Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,786,314 times
Looks like one still needs to look in the print classifieds in the Bedford Gazette but at least you can get a phone number to call for a paper online. The winds of change blow very slowly in that area, mostly for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania