Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,584 times

Advertisements

I just moved here about 4 months ago and I love it. So does my husband and son. It has all the good parts of long island and none of the bad. Even with colledge kids here, I seen nothing to put them down about. In fact , most are very polite and nice. The area is beautiful and people are very freiendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 04:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,314 times
Default Bloomsburg!!!

I lived just outside a small town about 40 minutes east of Bloomsburg for over 20 years and the only time I traveled west to Bloomsburg was to attend the annual fair-during fair week the town (the only true town still in Pennsylvania)is bustling with traffic and excitement yet I always thought of it as a quaint town as I drove through to the fair grounds. Recently I had the opportunity to work in Bloomsburg for 5 months and I must say it is the friendliest, place I've ever been. Yes you have the college students over on fraternity row they bring a little bit of rowdyness to the town but the downtown shops are wonderful, people take pride in their homes, the city park area is HUGE with soccer fields, baseball fields, playground areas, a skate park, beautiful picnic areas along the river, the middle school that I passes everyday looked very nice-students appropriately dressed and behaving properly, culturally there is the theatre where I had the privilege of attending a play at was absolutely wonderful, there is a nice blend of young and old in regards to the population and in general it appeared to me that everyone had an excellent work ethic I regret that I had overlooked this town when I relocated to northeastern Pennsylvania over 20 years ago. As was stated in previous posts if your into the "mall" shopping its within an hours drive but Bloomsburg offers everything the average person would need. Go for a visit (if you go during fair week try to stay a few days after the fair is over to get the true picture of this wonderful small town). I miss Bloomsburg!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:03 AM

24 posts, read 64,325 times
Schools in Bloomsburg Area

I have lived in Berwick all my life and attended school in the Berwick Area School District and I agree with everyone that it SUCKS! I love where I live but I will not be sending my children to Berwick. In the area, the best public school would be the Central Columbia School District in Bloomsburg. Danville's schools are no better than Berwicks academically. There are a bunch of private schools around the area, Catholic & Christian. I do not know much about most of these except Columbia County Christian School located near the Buckhorn Mall (Columbia Mall). I have a niece who attends there and receives a very good education.

Happy hunting!

Blessings,
Me

Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 PM

148 posts, read 637,537 times
Catholics are Christians, I don't understand the last posters comment.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 AM

24 posts, read 64,325 times
BevoInPA,

I'm very sorry about that, I wasn't trying to say that Catholics aren't Christians as well, I was just thinking through which schools I knew there were and the is Bloomsburg Christian, Columbia Co. Christian, St. Mary's Catholic..... that's why I listed as Christian & Catholic. I'm very sorry if I offended you or anyone else by that comment, not my intent.

Blessings,
Me

Old 12-12-2008, 06:43 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
"Me" is right. In my area (Snyder/Union/Northumberland counties) we have St. Monica's Catholic School and Sunbury Christian School, Meadowbrook Christian School and I think one other. They all instill good moral values and have a biblically based curriculum, but in the Catholic school I think many of the teachers are nuns and in the Christian schools they are not. Catholic schools are more main-line and Christian schools are more fundamental. Kind of like the Pope being your principal or Billy Graham being your principal - both excellent but with some basic differences.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM

46 posts, read 121,135 times
My family and I may be relocating to PA. My dh would be working in Williamsport area. We are looking to rent a home that is more rural. We found a home for rent in Stillwater that seems perfect, except the commute. I know it is in Columbia county not far from Bloomburg. It is approx 45 miles or so to Williamsport. Is that doable for the area? Also what would the school district be for Stillwater?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
I would imagine Stillwater uses Benton schools.

There's really no "good" way to get from Stillwater to Williamsport. You could go north to 118, then west to Hughesville, then south on 220 to north on 147/180. OR you could go south to I-80 and then north on 180 (probably the better way). If it's 45 miles, with some of the country roads, you'd probably need about an hour of driving time. Mapquest shows the Route 118 way, with 57 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania