Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM

19 posts, read 79,997 times

Advertisements

I live in Blue Mtn Lake Estates. A nice community of homes, no renters/college kids, just families with children. No crime except for some kid vandalism by the pool a couple of times. Generally quiet, nice lake, busing to Stroudsburg School district. We've been very happy with the school system. I have yet to see the gangs I hear so much about. Drugs in schools? I'm sure, but its all over, no more no less in the burgs. I think we get the bad rep at times based on the fact the Pocono Record paper is local, so where is most of their reporting? I walk down Main St. in the day...I wouldn't walk anywhere at night...its just in this day and age, not because its Stroudsburg. We love Sarah St. Grill,Siamsa's, and Everybody's cafe, all with very good food and locale. They have weekend st. festivals, and a local market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Anyone know about the Crystal Terrace Estates ,in Mt. Bethel . There was a beautiful 5000 sq foot home posted in the House to Home Mag. of the Poconos.
The colored pictures look fantastic. Just a bit of the location is shown though.
Wondering if this would be any option to the poster.
I'll try to look up some information and post it later, if found.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,445 times
I looked up the house featured in the magazine, wow! Even though the taxes are pretty high in Bangor district, I looked on the Norco website and their assessment for that house is a JOKE - $150,000 (saying the house is worth 300K). Look for "Crystal Terrace" as the road on Google maps. I believe it's off Allegheny Road, which should be accessible from Route 611.

From the data on the tax website, it looks like the houses there are all on 1+ acre lots and are large. I can't find who specifically developed it, but if interested you could call the Township office and find out. If you are interested in the area, I would check the flood map since there was substantial damage in the Upper Mt Bethel area from Ivan and the other storms we've had. Another thing to consider is that living in that area means much driving for everything major, groceries, malls, etc. There are some great local businesses too, but anything major is a pretty good ride away.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
I think it says in the Magazine that LTS built it, quite large indeed.
It looks like a high elevation.........I'll have to google that.
Just was thinking of the origional poster and his wish for a nice home on decent land.
He was looking for good area. Not sure if that whole development is as splendid as that home. I just might well be ...........and I hadn't heard of it.
Thanks for your information.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 18,082 times
Default I 2 am new

Pmichaelmd,

I moved to East Stroudsburg from New York City recently. Like you, I am a doctor working for PMC. Drugs, violence,......yes, it's here too. You can't escape it... And now that this region is starting to grow up, it's starting to behave like an bigger town than it has been in the past. I think its all relative, and per capita, we see just about the same amount of crime for the population of people that live here as any other place in the free world. I live in Middle Smithfield County in an LTS community. My neighbors are all commuters and they are wonderful people. I really appreciate the diversity in my little culder sac community, and most of the people living here are from the Carribean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania