Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times

Advertisements

I was laid of form a failing company in may of 2010. I filed and was approved for unemployment compensation. I unfortunately was unable to find a job by the time my benefits ran out. I then was approved for another 20 week extension. Currently I have a few applications out, but I am not receiving any responses. My unemployment will be running out in a few weeks.
Does anyone know if I will be able to receive another extension? I was previously employed for 16 years continuously and have never claimed benefits before this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 PM

32 posts, read 69,697 times
I sure hope you get your extension and the other million people the are unemployed. I would hate to see a million people with no income. Best bet is to call your local unemployment office and ask them. They should be able to answer your questions. Clarion PA has a lot of Gas field jobs. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM

14 posts, read 20,389 times
I'm currently on Tier 1 of the extension that started in November 2010 (i think) and just filed for my bi-weekly claim that brought my account balance to zero. I'm wondering if there are any more extensions and if so whether or not I'll be moved to Tier 2 automatically (a friend of mine received a letter last month saying he's been moved to Tier 2 before his EUC even ran out) My regular UC ran out about a week before I got a letter about getting the first extension so I'm hoping they're just a little slow because I haven't been able to find any work and if I can't get on Tier 2... well, that just won't be good at all..

Any info on the new extension would be appreciated..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania