Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2006, 11:16 AM

31 posts, read 139,112 times

Advertisements

Is this a safe town to live in?

How's the housing (for rentals) in this town?

How about supermarkets, maybe public transportation and a main street area?

Is this a walkable town?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2006, 11:32 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Ambler is a quiet little town in suburban Phila., very safe, walkable in town, with excellent shopping. There is a small fish store on Bethlehem Pike which has the fish delivered daily and sold the same day. Oh how I miss that store! Public transportation is provided by SPETA, both rail and bus. Rentals are available but tend to be on the high side.
Check out this web site for transportation, you want the R5 line.:
http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html

Don

Old 08-26-2006, 11:57 AM

31 posts, read 139,112 times
Don - thanks so much for your reply! I'll probably check this area out real soon as well as possibly Collegeville which I just asked about this town in a new thread amongst other question in there.

Thanks so much again for your fast response!

Old 08-26-2006, 12:27 PM

njnomore,
Check out that link I included for SPETA. That is the rail service which can get you anywhere you want to go in the Phila area. Collegeville is very nice also, newer for the most part, but no rail service.
Don

Old 08-29-2006, 05:30 PM

232 posts, read 728,639 times
Default Fish Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Ambler is a quiet little town in suburban Phila., very safe, walkable in town, with excellent shopping. There is a small fish store on Bethlehem Pike which has the fish delivered daily and sold the same day. Oh how I miss that store! Public transportation is provided by SPETA, both rail and bus. Rentals are available but tend to be on the high side.
Check out this web site for transportation, you want the R5 line.:
http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html

Don

HI, do you know the name of the store? I am staying a short ways from there...on Bethlehem Pike.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:49 AM

bostongirl,
I think the name of the store was Kim's or Sun's, not sure about that, but they are on Bethlehem PK just south of E. Bulter Pk and I think the name of the side street is Argle Ave. If you were traveling south on Beth. PK and past E. Bulter Pk they would be on your left just around the bend. Best time to buy is in the AM. Hope this helps.
Don

Old 11-12-2006, 05:55 AM
hlo

5 posts, read 38,529 times
the fish place you guys are thinking of is called SUNNY'S. its on bethlehem pike and loch alshe ave next to the rite aid and dominos.

i live in ambler its pretty safe. theres vandalism or drugs here and there but its nothing that would affect you or is violent. west ambler (west of the train tracks) tends to have more crime than the other parts.

ambler is definitly more affordable than the surrounding philly suburbs for rentals and buying.

ambler is very walkable and prides itself in its main street which is full of shops and very walkable. has restaurants, stores and a movie theater.

you have the ACME supermarket right in ambler which is kinda small and then theres genaurdi's which is alot bigger 5 minutes up bethlehem pike in spring house.

ambler is served by the wissahickon and upper dublin school districts. both excellant school districts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania