U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2006, 11:55 AM

31 posts, read 133,455 times

Advertisements

I asked about Ambler and now about this town as well

Is this a safe town to live in?

How's the housing (for rentals) in this town?

How about supermarkets, maybe public transportation and a main street area?

Is this a walkable town?

Thanks so much!

In both of these towns (Ambler and Collegeville) I've seen very reasonable apartment rentals through allaroundphillyhomes ranging from $650 - $800 for a 1 bedroom. Is there something wrong with these lower priced units I wonder especially ones in the $650-$700/month range. It'll be just for myself and I'm a male in my middle 40's. If I'm responsible for utilities - what could that be? Also is there apartments with part or all utilities included?

Thanks so much again!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 06:24 PM

2,130 posts, read 4,673,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnomore View Post
I asked about Ambler and now about this town as well

Is this a safe town to live in?

How's the housing (for rentals) in this town?

How about supermarkets, maybe public transportation and a main street area?

Is this a walkable town?

Thanks so much!

In both of these towns (Ambler and Collegeville) I've seen very reasonable apartment rentals through allaroundphillyhomes ranging from $650 - $800 for a 1 bedroom. Is there something wrong with these lower priced units I wonder especially ones in the $650-$700/month range. It'll be just for myself and I'm a male in my middle 40's. If I'm responsible for utilities - what could that be? Also is there apartments with part or all utilities included?

Thanks so much again!
Collegeville is very safe. There is limited public transportation (bus service). The nearest train stations (Norristown or Lansdale) are about 25 minutes away. There are some apartment complexes in town, but not many. Yes, there is a Main Street, but I have to admit it's not that great. However, it's surely authentic, but there's not too much in the way of useful stores on Main Street. The following supermarkets are anywhere from 0-10 minutes from Collegeville: 2 ACME's (one is brand new), 2 Giants (one is brand new), Redner's, Landis', Genuardi's, Amelia's, and a new Wegman's is going up right off 422. Speaking of that, as part of the Wegman's development, they are putting in a "town center" lifestyle center. Try googleing "providence town center."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
>