Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 AM

49 posts, read 190,603 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
We are currently thinking about purchasing a horse farm, one we are interested in is in Homer City, we loved the area and we would be living next door to the Amish. I have never lived near the Amish, and thus, I was wondering what that would be like. I also found a farm in Spring Church, which is Armstrong CO. I spoke to the realtor whom seemed like a shark more than a true agent. I can suss those out faster than opening a can of tuna. I looked on great schools and that Elementary scored horrible, Homer was a bit better, not as good as Bradfordwoods, but I may go private for my daughter.
I have been pleased with Bradfordwoods schooling, but we realized upon moving to the area that we would like to have horses and now want to buy land or a horse property. It looks like Indiana Co is better, would love some feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,613,350 times
You'll probably get better answers if you post in the general forum... These areas are pretty far outside the Pittsburgh metro.
Moderator cut: I agree - thread moved. Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 03-28-2011 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,335,223 times
Hi,

Nice area, but I would like to mention the Homer City power plant, it is one of the dirtiest in the country and produces lots of sulfur dioxide.

I have been to Homer City a few times and I did not noticed anything bad besides that. It is very close to Indiana with its university, shopping and food opportunities. Nice landscape with lots of room for horses and a decent place to live.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:57 AM

341 posts, read 412,938 times
I currently live in Orland Park, Illinois. (1/2 from Chicago). I applied for a job in Homer City, Pennsylvania. Anything I should know other then the usual google stuff?

Old 06-25-2015, 03:31 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,677,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPII View Post
I currently live in Orland Park, Illinois. (1/2 from Chicago). I applied for a job in Homer City, Pennsylvania. Anything I should know other then the usual google stuff?
There is a new craft distillery that opened on Main Street in Homer City.

Disobedient Spirits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania