Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM

443 posts, read 600,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
pretty much all of that. who would vacation in pa???

i lived there a few years back. then i moved to nh, best move i ever made. people in pa are backwards. im originally from new england anyway, so i might be biased, but people in pa were generally not as intelligent.

i drove through harrisburg a few years ago. i actually got lost, if i didn't know any better, i would have thought that i wasn't even in america. it looked like a third world country. most cities at least have a good amount of "nice" areas. harrisburg was a straight up combat zone.

and people in pa are not friendly. in nh, people are much nicer and down to earth. pa people seem to be two-faced and alienated by everyone who doesn't share the same backwards view as them. i've been in NH for three years, and there is no going back. i got mountains, the beach, and boston. all three are less than an hour away! what does pa have? poconos and shoefly pie? big whoop. i did like yuengling lager though, that was some good stuff
WOW

JUST

WOW

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-29-2011 at 07:08 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 PM

296 posts, read 638,466 times
this is all so funny. last time i was visiting the leaves were gorgeous, the air was crisp and fresh and everyone was so very friendly. everyone has something they hate about their home state, its easier to find the stuff you love.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:30 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
You moved to NH. We're overjoyed for you. Really, we are. Despite your inane generalizations.

I don't quite understand what ex-residents of a state gain by making these types of posts. It clearly could never be our sympathy.
wow, you need to calm down, DUDe. i posted this for the benefit of others who are considering moving to the state. so they dont make the same mistake i did. dont get me wrong, there are people like you in NH, whom i despise(easily alienated, thin skinned), but there seems to be a lesser concentration up here. contrary to what you believe, ex residents do have a right to share their experiences, or nightmares. it's all relative, there are rednecks, racists, and neanderthals up here too, but they seem to pronounce their presence more in pa. i'm not asking anyone to sympathize with my situational plight in pa at the time. i don't care. i'm just sharing my experience. i get it, you have patriotism for your state. therefore, you're a keyboard warrior in case anyone like me comes along and bashes the state for it's terrible roads, lousy wages, privilege to work taxes, less civilized people(especially in perry county, jesus). i could go on, but what's the point? you will continue with your venomous retorts and childish "we're glad you left, hopefully the door hit you in the ***** on the way out" rhetoric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
WOW

JUST

WOW
you got something to say? say it. that's what i don't get about pennsyltuckians, so indecisive and passive-aggressive. spit it out, i can take it. obviously the OP can too if he made a whole thread about it. i'm not the one who made a thread about how much pa sucks. i am just contributing and reiterating what others have already said. there is a reason why the pa population has remained steady since the 70s and has not grown as much as other states in the mid-atlantic. blame pittsburgh and the rust belt partially. and then blame the reduced quality of life compared to other areas of the northeast as a result of slave-driving wages.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 PM

889 posts, read 2,574,623 times
Quote:
you got something to say? say it. that's what i don't get about pennsyltuckians, so indecisive and passive-aggressive. spit it out, i can take it.
I do.
Quote:
i drove through harrisburg a few years ago. i actually got lost, if i didn't know any better, i would have thought that i wasn't even in america. it looked like a third world country. most cities at least have a good amount of "nice" areas. harrisburg was a straight up combat zone.
You're wildly off the mark about Harrisburg. It has bad areas, but the entire city in not like that. You clearly didn't drive through the downtown restaurant and bar district in the evening, or the entire riverfront 'Front Street' corridor.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
wow, you need to calm down, DUDe. i posted this for the benefit of others who are considering moving to the state. so they dont make the same mistake i did. dont get me wrong, there are people like you in NH, whom i despise(easily alienated, thin skinned), but there seems to be a lesser concentration up here. contrary to what you believe, ex residents do have a right to share their experiences, or nightmares. it's all relative, there are rednecks, racists, and neanderthals up here too, but they seem to pronounce their presence more in pa. i'm not asking anyone to sympathize with my situational plight in pa at the time. i don't care. i'm just sharing my experience. i get it, you have patriotism for your state. therefore, you're a keyboard warrior in case anyone like me comes along and bashes the state for it's terrible roads, lousy wages, privilege to work taxes, less civilized people(especially in perry county, jesus). i could go on, but what's the point? you will continue with your venomous retorts and childish "we're glad you left, hopefully the door hit you in the ***** on the way out" rhetoric.

you got something to say? say it. that's what i don't get about pennsyltuckians, so indecisive and passive-aggressive. spit it out, i can take it. obviously the OP can too if he made a whole thread about it. i'm not the one who made a thread about how much pa sucks. i am just contributing and reiterating what others have already said. there is a reason why the pa population has remained steady since the 70s and has not grown as much as other states in the mid-atlantic. blame pittsburgh and the rust belt partially. and then blame the reduced quality of life compared to other areas of the northeast as a result of slave-driving wages.
LOL. Kid, I am 31 with a child. I don't need to fight over the internet about absurdly stupid things and childish stereotypes. Thanks, but you are entertaining. I will give you that.

Have you ever considered that NH never got to the population, economic boom, and urban structure that Pennsylvania has? This is a much larger state population wise, so it is obviously going to share many more problems. But you are so smart, I forgot.

Last edited by KingKrab; 08-29-2011 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: This is the classic example of angry guy on the internet who never gets any action. :(

Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
LOL. Kid, I am 31 with a child. I don't need to fight over the internet about absurdly stupid things and childish stereotypes. Thanks, but you are entertaining. I will give you that.
then why even post something as counterproductive as that?

....and "kid"? a little condescending, dontcha think, old man?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
then why even post something as counterproductive as that?

....and "kid"? a little condescending, dontcha think, old man?
You act and behave like a child. Period. Stop with the internet tough guy thing. It is very lame

blocked that guy. i could have more productive time reading a Sarah Palin book, and learn more too!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Have you ever considered that NH never got to the population, economic boom, and urban structure that Pennsylvania has? This is a much larger state population wise, so it is obviously going to share many more problems. But you are so smart, I forgot.
economic boom? thanks for the laugh. you use population as the basis for economic prosperity. this groundbreaking urban structure works so well for the city of filthadelphia. the city of detroit has roughly the same population as the state of NH. their economy must mirror ours, right?

i dont want to go toe to toe on economic achievements, NH has more diverse industries that has allowed it to boast a low unemployment rate even in these economic times. i have lived in PA. economic boom? boy, i must have been late to that party, or swap-meet

Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
You act and behave like a child. Period. Stop with the internet tough guy thing. It is very lame
ouch, your edit reasons are a testament to your hypocrisy. pot...kettle.

i don't wan't to argue with you. i just wanted to know why you would post something so pointless and insignificant, that is all. i guess you really are living up to your forum name, someone is a little krabby today...

Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,410 times
Quote:
blocked that guy.
If more people used the ignore feature, the world would be a better place. I'm with you.

Now, to get this thread back on track ... Er, wait a minute, I can't actually think of any reason why I'd want to support the subject at hand. So I'll just register my disagreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania