Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM

10 posts, read 37,365 times

Advertisements

Is it the potholes in the road?
Is it the neverending road construction projects?
Is it the below-average salary in most job areas?
Is it the uneducated idiots with a chip on their shoulder?
Is it the fact that it only has one semi-modern city?
Is it the high murder rate of Filthadelphia? Reading?
Would you vacation here for more than a day?
Is it the awful regional cuisine?
Is it the dumb dutch culture? (I use the word 'culture' sparingly)

And to those who moved out of PA, how long did it take you to Detox
PA from your system? Don't be afraid these hicks can't harm you anymore.

Exactly.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 PM

889 posts, read 2,573,715 times
You need to get some nice cheese to go along with all that whine you've got going on.

BTW, it's Pennsylvania German, not Dutch, culture. And, Pennsylvania German is a culture that is studied and researched in the academic world, see here and here.

Now then, what was your point about the uneducated among us ....

Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,052 times
You missed these types, though it can apply to Old Country Buffet and most other public places in PA. Also overweight woman who wear flannel shirts and sweat pants out in public, big pet peeve of mine that I saw in PA.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/categ...ion/pa?state=1

I can go on but why bother? I hate to admit it but there are things I miss about PA, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Was born and raised in PA and lived there for over 30+ years, left for greener pastures years ago and lived in several states since, every state has it's issues. PA touts it's higher education as being it's flagship but fails to keep a high majority of graduates and natives within the state. Well I'm one of those stats, graduated from a PA University, could not find a job there and had to leave.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,149,700 times
Someone is bitter and clinging to their guns and religion and needs a life.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurythewise View Post
And to those who moved out of PA, how long did it take you to Detox
PA from your system? Don't be afraid these hicks can't harm you anymore.

Exactly.
So why do you still live here?

I especially like the "Exactly". It's like he believes he just dropped some masterstroke logical bullet train on us.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
I can go on but why bother? I hate to admit it but there are things I miss about PA, but the negatives outweigh the positives.
There are definite pros and cons to everywhere. Being able to post intelligently about them is one thing. Throwing down a "YALL R HICKS LOL" post is just amusing.

EXACTLY.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM

Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
Now then, what was your point about the uneducated among us ....
I had to laugh out loud at that one. Looking at his post history, he spends pretty much all of his free time complaining about Pennsylvania and asking for psychology jobs in Charleston. Sounds like someone is bitter about not being attractive to employers.

EXACTLY.

Last edited by DowntownHarrisburg; 08-11-2011 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: EXACTLY

Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,136,350 times
The salaries are a legitimate complaint. Even non-professional laborers- call center folks like me deserve $11 an hr. These people advertising employment for $9 as if they are doing you a favor has to stop. I am Dutch-German and tend to be critical of my culture, but we have more of a culture than the scum that parade our streets with their pants hanging down pushing baby carriages. Some food is good like true traditional chicken pot pie and cabbage and noodles. A lot of it however is terrible and I will not eat it. You do not neccessarily have to move away for good. Work, save money, and hit the rd for extended periods when able to do so. I am proud to have travelled to different places and will do so in the future. I still have a leg up on some people who think going from Reading to Allentown is an excursion. There was a woman in a Reading convenience store who accosted my friend for buying a Morning Call. She was a typical obese hag who probably watches Jack Van Impe on Channel 69 along with Greg Vaugh and the awful 69 News. She stared at him and asked what the paper was. He explained it wa Allentown. With a confused look she asked where was Allentown? After he explained she continued to dumbfoundedly stare at him. There are tons of these inclusive jabronies here, but you have to keep looking for signs of intelligent life and you will find them.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,537,454 times
That's harsh, OP. I like Pennsylvania quite a lot.

Hell I grew up in New York's Pennsylvania just over the border. Always loved PA.

Hicks are everywhere BTW.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:47 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,781,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurythewise View Post
Is it the uneducated idiots with a chip on their shoulder?

Exactly.
As said, exactly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania