Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 06:41 PM

22 posts, read 119,171 times

Advertisements

Hey guys ive been doing a lot of searching. I was looking at upstate ny for awhile, but now im looking into pa. I am looking for a very cheap and affordable home in a nice area thats not run down or anything. Middle income, low crime, nice community, not too far from major cities. Is there anywhere I can find a small single family home in the 30-85k price range, even if it is in bad shape i wouldnt mind. Just a starter home. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area would be a good bet, and it's only a two-hour drive back to the city to visit friends/family. I'd also recommend the Lehigh Valley (Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton) to you, but I doubt you'd be able to find anything decent there in the $30,000-$85,000 range, especially since that price range is now nearly-unattainable in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre as well, which has always traditionally been "cheaper" than the Lehigh Valley.

Scranton is a city of 70,000, Wilkes-Barre is a city of 40,000, and the surrounding counties comprise a regional market of about 1.1 million people with about 550,000 in the immediate Lackawanna/Luzerne County metroplex. Crime in the region is very low, most public schools are above-average, and there's plenty to do here in terms of recreation and entertainment.

For the price range you listed, you'll mostly only find starter homes and homes that are in dire need of TLC, but there will be plenty of options in safe areas for sure.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Default Moving to PA

Clearfield County, check out the towns, do a search on realtor dot com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania