Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,088,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But what statute or law does annie's municipality have to charge renters school taxes?
i wish i could find out--the agency that sent the bill refused to answer and when i pressed her for more info--she was curt and said just pay it and hung up--such professionalism---it boggles my mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
I thought you said you lived in Wilkes-Barre, Annie. No way you should receive a WVW school tax bill, even if you owned property.

You really need to protest this until you find out exactly why you received it. I live in the WVW school district and the only tax bill I receive is based on my property ownership.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:41 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I thought you said you lived in Wilkes-Barre, Annie. No way you should receive a WVW school tax bill, even if you owned property.

You really need to protest this until you find out exactly why you received it. I live in the WVW school district and the only tax bill I receive is based on my property ownership.
Wow, I completely missed that! Yes, Annie, you should not be receiving a WVW bill at all.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,088,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

---yes we have a wb address but when i first arrived here and got my license and voter registration we had a kingston address(we were at a kingston relative's home at the time)--this bill came over 2 years late(we have had a wb address for 2 years but we still get some of our old kingston mail forwarded to us)-----cannot figure this one out-----we have been renters since we moved into our own place and my relative's home was a rental too

Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
---yes we have a wb address but when i first arrived here and got my license and voter registration we had a kingston address(we were at a kingston relative's home at the time)--this bill came over 2 years late(we have had a wb address for 2 years but we still get some of our old kingston mail forwarded to us)-----cannot figure this one out-----we have been renters since we moved into our own place and my relative's home was a rental too
Well, I would never pay a bill if I couldn't "figure this one out". Be more specific about what the bill actually says and I'm sure someone here could help you understand it, but it doesn't sound like a property tax bill.

Do your Kingston relatives who rent get a bill like this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania