Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM

10 posts, read 66,601 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide feedback on the quality of life in Newtown, Pa? My husband and I are empty-nesters and are thinking of living there. He will have to commute to Princeton, NJ. The town looks adorable and seems to have a variety of housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 10:03 PM

41 posts, read 245,122 times
It's a really cute little town! Great suburban area! All good.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,557 times
Thumbs up Newtown is great

I've lived in Newtown for a few years now and absolutely love it. Council Rock is a good school district. All neighborhoods are safe, clean, and gorgeous. If not in Newtown itself, than in neighboring townships, there are always some sort of fairs and events. The nearby farms are great for kids activities and fresh fruit/veggie shopping.

Here are some useful links:

http://www.allaboutnewtown.org - Has a calendar of events around town.
http://www.atasteofnewtown.com - A nice compilation of restaurants and bars in town.

Oh, almost forgot Tyler and Core Creek state parks that are right around the corner.

We moved here for the kids, but are now reaping the benefits ourselves!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 PM

19 posts, read 32,756 times
Yawn. It is kind of boring but it has probably improved with the new development in the downtown.

They really screwed up though. The shopping center behind the high school schould have been designed to look old like State Street and it should have been in a Pedlers Village type layout instead of a strip center.

My other complaint is the discontinued regional rail line(train). I wish that line was still in use.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,090,114 times
I lived in Newtown for 15 yrs, although that itself was 15 yrs ago. It was a wonderful town. There is a historic district with fabulous architecture from the 1800's, and the downtown is truly a walking area, with parking on the street or discreetly behind the buildings. If you live in the HD you can walk to plenty of little shops and restaurants. There used to be a yearly craft fare, and we also had a yearly block party that was good clean fun. In addition, you are near historical Philadelphia (30 min) and about 25 min from the artsy town of New Hope. Peddlars village is a beautiful shopping experience curving around various walkways with exquisite landscaping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania