Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 09:04 AM

10 posts, read 10,621 times

Advertisements

Hello and I am a new person here. I have been a Pennsylvania resident (Erie) for 20 years and also, despite what my user name says, I may stray away from libertarianism in certain circumstances, or maybe stray away from it altogether even.

What I want to do is make a difference in my community. I want to see the Erie community rebound and reshape to attract businesspeople and rebound itself. Also, do you have any urban renewal things in mind for Erie County or City that you would like to see? As it may seem far-fetched, I would love for Erie to become the next Denver someday or something like that. Who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 06:43 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,923,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertarianGoose1 View Post
Hello and I am a new person here. I have been a Pennsylvania resident (Erie) for 20 years and also, despite what my user name says, I may stray away from libertarianism in certain circumstances, or maybe stray away from it altogether even.

What I want to do is make a difference in my community. I want to see the Erie community rebound and reshape to attract businesspeople and rebound itself. Also, do you have any urban renewal things in mind for Erie County or City that you would like to see? As it may seem far-fetched, I would love for Erie to become the next Denver someday or something like that. Who knows?
Hello and welcome!

Nothing is impossible. Erie should be far more popular and successful than it is, being a lakeside city and all. Look at what happened to Harrisburg -- we spent the last half century written off as a crime-ridden hellhole, but for the past decade we've been a vibrant nightlife / entertainment center. Our downtown used to be deserted after sundown, and now it's not only walkable but actually quite busy most nights. There's no reason why Erie can't become The Next Great Thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania