U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 PM

32,198 posts, read 74,156,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessinpa View Post
Scranton is young and he needs to explore the Vaste life of the City. Good Luck but I am sure you will want the Simplicity of small town life back when you get to be 40 something.
I'm sure I will. As I said in another thread, our region has the "revolving door phenomenon"---College graduates are fleeing in droves to NJ/NYC due to the poor career opportunities offered in NEPA, and they're being replaced by middle-aged people relocating back into the area from NJ/NYC. It seems as if our youth, overall, just expect more out of life than our predecessors, and the generation before us has finally reached the point where they realize that "small town living" is better than "keeping up with the Jones's" anyday. I'm hoping to snag a piece of both, but that four hour round-trip daily commute will certainly try my patience!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2006, 09:23 AM

434 posts, read 3,101,084 times
Default Dunder-Mifflin?

I heard that there are a couple of openings at the branch office of Dunder-Mifflin in Scranton. Think they sell office supplies and paper and are always looking for a few good people.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 126,036 times
It is a routine question in an interview ... "How much do you make?"... many companies require proof of salary. In the Financial Services Industry, you have to pass credit checks and get bonded.... you can't be a liar or a credit risk.... imagine your local bank Branch Manager with a forclosure or bankruptcy hanging over his/her head.

What's to be will be. All I have is T O D A Y!

I am not afraid of living in NYC - I know that the Great Whatever will protect me or take me at will. Just a few months ago, the Susquehanna was lapping at my house and threatening my safety... so, Bin Ladin or Nature - take your pick.

The point is, there is good and bad in everything and every where. The decisions I have made have been good for me, but, whould not have been good for others. I know that my life lessons have taught me a good deal of tolerance and acceptance. I can still look for the magic.

Plan B is now in effect - My boy friend and I are looking at starting a business in WB and are going through the first stages - it's a blast.

SWB, you are fantastic! Your wisdom and insight far exceed your years. You will be among the first people I contact when the business comes near fruition.

BB,

Linda

Old 09-27-2006, 01:02 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,437,031 times
Thumbs up I too want to meet SWB!

Hey Paul,
when we finally get up there, I hope we can get together
You have been such a great help and I consider you my friend

Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 PM

13 posts, read 126,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrguy View Post
I heard that there are a couple of openings at the branch office of Dunder-Mifflin in Scranton. Think they sell office supplies and paper and are always looking for a few good people.
::::hanging head in shame:::::

I actually looked them up. I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:27 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,437,031 times
LOL! Isn't that the show "The Office"?

Old 09-27-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
LOL! Isn't that the show "The Office"?
Yep. "The Office" is set right here in the Electric City, and bored locals (including myself and my friends) continually get a kick out of various local references to "Froggy 101", "Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins", "Rock 107", etc. at our little "Office" parties! (Wow! I really need a life!) I'm still waiting to meet Dwight one of these days; I think he might have been the guy who got mad at me for taking pictures the other day! LOL!

Old 09-27-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Hey Paul,
when we finally get up there, I hope we can get together
You have been such a great help and I consider you my friend
I likewise consider you to be a friend. I'd definitely love to show you guys around a bit---Introduce you to some of the favorite local haunts and weekend hangouts, treat you both to lunch, etc. Who knows? Maybe you'll bump into Steinbrenner while you're in town?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 PM

98 posts, read 415,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInWestPittston View Post
It is a routine question in an interview ... "How much do you make?"... many companies require proof of salary. In the Financial Services Industry, you have to pass credit checks and get bonded.... you can't be a liar or a credit risk.... imagine your local bank Branch Manager with a forclosure or bankruptcy hanging over his/her head.

Linda
Linda I had for many years worked in the Financial Industry after I left Real Estate and I never was asked in any interview my previous salary. My salary requirements were available upon request.

I am aware of Credit Checks- those are held for Prime candidates as are FBI security checks. If you get that far thay want you bad! Salary is a barganing tool and if your good they will Pay you to be there!

We all make choices in life and sometimes Fate makes them for you.

Good Luck in your new Project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania