U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 7,172 times

Advertisements

Firstly: i am trying my best to find a new job, there are not many openings in my particular field. After filing my last bi-weekly claim i came upon this notice on the PA UC website homepage:

"The Pennsylvania UC Law was recently changed to add additional eligibility requirements for UC benefits. If the effective date of your application for benefits (AB Date) is on or after January 1, 2012, you are required to do all of the following:"

I quote from the PA UC website homepage: [url]http://www.uc.pa.gov[/url] and from the article entitled: "Active Search for Work Requirements for Applications Effective..."

Does this mean that this new law does not effect me because i have already been collecting unemployment for some time now (my AB date is earlier than Jan. 1) or does this new law still effects me?

I also recently reached the end of my first Tier of EUC. After filing my last bi-weekly claim i was informed that my account has reached 0. I assume they will mail me something, and if not then i will call and ask if i am being transferred into Tier 2, or how i should go about doing that. My question is: when transferring Tiers do i receive a new (AB Date) or does my (AB Date) remain unchanged. Does it remain the date that i lost my previous job and started collecting regular UC?

I am asking because i do seek work, but under this new law i would be required to apply to 3 jobs every week. I find at most 1-5 job openings in my particular field a month. Does this mean i will have to apply to more places (outside my field) and accept the work from these (other) applications if interviewed and hired? I am trying to get hired at a job in the same field and at a similar pay rate, with no luck so far.

Does this new law effect me? Are they cracking down on people who are not actively seeking work? Should i be extra sure to keep record of all the places i apply to? Will i get in trouble if i only apply to a few places a month like i have been doing?

I would greatly appreciate any advice. I'm in a pickle and a little worried and stressed out about what this means for me in the coming months.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 AM

3 posts, read 7,172 times
Very sorry. I posted this in the wrong forum. I have posted it in the correct forum. New thread located here:

[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/1461652-questions-new-pa-uc-law.html#post22362704[/url]

Again, sorry, feel free to delete this thread.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania