U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,446,099 times

Advertisements

There is a map somewhere. I think the Snyder County courthouse has one. It will go from Route 147 on the Northumberland side of the river, across a huge new bridge to the Winfield area and then through farmland to connect with the end of the 11/15 freeway south of the mall that's just north of Selinsgrove.

I'm sure all area realtors are well aware of where it's going, so be sure to check with your realtor before signing on the dotted line!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:33 PM

32,160 posts, read 74,110,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
I'm sure all area realtors are well aware of where it's going, so be sure to check with your realtor before signing on the dotted line!
I'm sure housing developers are also licking their chops and are already offering adjacent property owners top dollar to sell to make way for new subdivisions. The Pittston Bypass fleeced Pittston dry in terms of residents and businesses several decades ago. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen in that area as well. Selinsgrove has too much going for it to permit half of its townspeople and businesses to abandon it en masse to flood to new housing developments or strip malls along the new bypass.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,446,099 times
I may be naive, but I really think the businesspeople in this area are (for the most part) honest and sincere, and looking out for the best interests of the community and the people who live there, and not just looking out for themselves to "make a buck".

We do have many new subdivisions going in, but I don't think it's related to the road. It's just a supply to meet a demand. Although I can't imagine where the people work who are buying these $350,000 and up homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania