U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 03:23 AM

27,155 posts, read 14,423,479 times

Advertisements

This thread is a couple of years old. Evergrey doesn't post any photo tours any more, which is a shame as I rather enjoy them.

I'm wondering what businesses are in Emporium. Most of those old houses look very well maintained and that's not cheap.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,225 times
Was born and raised in Emporium Both my husband and I My 3 sisters and 1 brother still live there. I am the only one who left. I love that town, but unfortunately not a lot of places to work to advance. I have traveled for my job and am now back in Pa but not home. There is something about living in a small town that you always want to go back to, even if its only to visit. A beautiful town and great people!!

Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 798 times
Default Luigi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
One of my favorite PA mountain towns, love driving that area, especially October. Going through Emporium, I've always been struck and amused by that Italian ice cream shop building shown in one of your photos... very peculiar and interesting.
I worked there. Lived down the street. Appreciate the nature, buildings and homes more now. Miss my home town and parents.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:29 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,368,434 times
Gorgeous! I love these kinds of posts. I think this person used to put these up all the time—all small town pictorials of cool places in PA. After this one, I know where my next motorcycle trip is going to be . . .

Old 04-15-2016, 10:53 PM

16,448 posts, read 13,786,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Gorgeous! I love these kinds of posts. I think this person used to put these up all the timeā€”all small town pictorials of cool places in PA. After this one, I know where my next motorcycle trip is going to be . . .
Rt. 120 between Lock Haven and St. Marys is a blast to ride. I have done it several times and it never gets old. You start here.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:06 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,368,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Rt. 120 between Lock Haven and St. Marys is a blast to ride. I have done it several times and it never gets old. You start here.
PA is so underrated as a state as far a scenery goes. Has everything New England is known for. Areas like this, New Hope in the fall, etc . . . Very nice place to hang out!

Old 05-24-2016, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 14,592 times
Valry, the Hoagie you are eating in St. Mary's may very well be coming from that very shop that Luigi had. The new owner makes them along with bottles of the sauce, which he produces in the old skating rink, and sells them all over including St. Mary's. Look at the label on the bottle you may be surprised. I to spent a lot of time at Luigi's after school eating those special little pizza's made on the Hoagie bun and also playing pinball.

My wife and I go back for the Narby Family reunion every other year. It is held at Sizerville State Park which works for us since we travel in a RV. Our father was in the game commission and they lived in the big white house by the pool and it all brings back lots of memories. Maybe that is why I look at this blog once in awhile to keep the memories. The Cabin kitchen, Skating Rink, Community Center, among other's are what I remember from living in Emporium, and of course I do not want to forget Linda Hoffman my first love.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:02 PM

3 posts, read 14,592 times
My wife and I come up from Florida every two years for a family reunion at Sizerville Park. We spend a week camping at the park and travel around just sight seeing everything I miss. Lou Ann my second cousin still works at the Bank and her husband farms up on Moore Hill, I am kind of jealous as they live a simple but very enjoyable life style, something that is hard to find in Florida. Here's hoping we have a reunion this August as we will not want to miss it and Emporium.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:51 AM

32,814 posts, read 16,258,796 times
My ex wife's family had a hunting cabin in Emporium, just outside town. I spent many a deer season up there, and hunted on a logging lease many times. I always had a great time, and enjoyed the scenery, and small town feel. Got a few nice deer too, and some turkeys as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania