Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times

Advertisements

Now that we have the full report of the sexual abuse by Sandusky and the coverup.
Read the report and you will see the disgusting behavior of the football coach and the administrators of this university.

http://i.usatoday.net/news/nation/20...eeh-report.pdf

Shame on the people who adored football more than they cared about the children of the State.
Shame on those of you who defended and make a saint of Paterno, the god of football.

Now we know the truth about the culture of your revered university.

The people of the State of Pennsylvania needs to suspend football at this university for a number of years to show that they have some remorse and concern. It is all really about football because the coverup was done to protect the football game and its gods. This will give the university and the community time to reflect on their sins because all of you, who support this insane culture of football, are partially responsible for the coverup of the abuse.

Last edited by livecontent; 07-12-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 AM

155 posts, read 265,680 times
Your last sentence is absurd.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
The PSU Kool Aid drinkers are pathetic. Joe Paterno and the PSU mafia covered up the most heinous crimes possible in order to preserve the football program and their power and $$$$. I don't care if Paterno won a lot of insignificant GAMES and donated money to the school. He is a puke who knew that kids were being raped and did nothign to stop it. Rot in hell, Joe Paterno. And I hope Schultz, Spanier, and Curley get gang raped on a daily basis in prison.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Now that we have the full report of the sexual abuse by Sandusky and the coverup.
Read the report and you will see the disgusting behavior of the football coach and the administrators of this university.

http://i.usatoday.net/news/nation/20...eeh-report.pdf

Shame on the people who adored football more than they cared about the children of the State.
Shame on those of you who defended and make a saint of Paterno, the god of football.

Now we know the truth about the culture of your revered university.

The people of the State of Pennsylvania needs to suspend football at this university for a number of years to show that they have some remorse and concern. It is all really about football because the coverup was done to protect the football game and its gods. This will give the university and the community time to reflect on their sins because all of you, who support this insane culture of football, are partially responsible for the coverup of the abuse.
Why punish a bunch of people for what a few did? I mean really since when does innocence trump innocence? Innocent people shouldn't have to pay for another person's sins...period!
BTW, I can't stand football. But I do support innocent students and faculty that attend and work at Penn State.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Why punish a bunch of people for what a few did? I mean really since when does innocence trump innocence? Innocent people shouldn't have to pay for another person's sins...period!
BTW, I can't stand football. But I do support innocent students and faculty that attend and work at Penn State.
Yes, innocence will suffer. The people of the State will suffer. The finance of the State will suffer will liability judgments. The alumni of the university and especially former players will suffer because employers will question if they really did get a quality education. The good employees, staff, teachers and administrators will suffer because some will look at them with derision because they are associated with the dirty institution; dirty by a few, but still filthy.

Yes, of course innocent people will suffer but no more than innocent children who suffered greatly by this pattern of looking the other way. The fanatic fans and their drooling, fawning admiration of football and Paterno encouraged the existence of a powerful football culture and enabled the unfettered authority of Paterno. It is now clear that Paterno was an active participant with the administrators in the coverup and should be condemned.

Yes, even people who just enjoy a good game of football will suffer; they who desire that football be just a small part of the university and not the reason for the university, which is education.

The State should suspend football at this university for a number of years. So to effect a real impact on those slobbery fans, some of the innocent will suffer. It will make a big statement of contrition to the rest of the nation. It will show that the sane people of the State know that football has a minor place in the university and no more will this football culture of "joepaing" (ignoring abuse for the sake of a sport) will continue.

Perhaps you should tear down the statue of Joseph Vincent Paterno. However, it would be best served as a new university tradition to pee on its base, as an outdoor urinal.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 07-12-2012 at 12:53 PM..

Old 07-12-2012, 03:37 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I have changed my mind about Joe Paterno. I was a defender, but no more, now that I know more facts. With that said, those who are responsible for these crimes are all dead, in jail, or about to be in jail. There is no sense in punishing anybody else.

As for the "football culture," football can help a community heal. Witness the New Orleans Saints in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, or the Alabama Crimson Tide after Tuscaloosa was blasted by a violent tornado. Now that those who actually deserve to be punished are being punished either in the afterlife or in a court of law, the new head coach and the new athletic director can take the football program in a new direction and help the community heal.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
I fully and completely agree with this!

PSU is now receiving exactly what it sowed when the top brass including the " all mighty Paterno " did when it failed to act in stopping the monster Sandusky.

It is my hope and belief that PSU will suffer for years because of this curse that was placed upon it.

As a victim myself of child rape for close to 2 years my anger and my disgust at what Paterno and the top officials have done and more importantly didn't do is pouring from my mind body.

May all of them come to understand and feel the pain and humiliation and life long destruction that Sandusky's victims are now and will forever feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
The PSU Kool Aid drinkers are pathetic. Joe Paterno and the PSU mafia covered up the most heinous crimes possible in order to preserve the football program and their power and $$$$. I don't care if Paterno won a lot of insignificant GAMES and donated money to the school. He is a puke who knew that kids were being raped and did nothign to stop it. Rot in hell, Joe Paterno. And I hope Schultz, Spanier, and Curley get gang raped on a daily basis in prison.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I have changed my mind about Joe Paterno. I was a defender, but no more, now that I know more facts. With that said, those who are responsible for these crimes are all dead, in jail, or about to be in jail. There is no sense in punishing anybody else.

As for the "football culture," football can help a community heal. Witness the New Orleans Saints in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, or the Alabama Crimson Tide after Tuscaloosa was blasted by a violent tornado. Now that those who actually deserve to be punished are being punished either in the afterlife or in a court of law, the new head coach and the new athletic director can take the football program in a new direction and help the community heal.
Thank You for the good post and having the ethics to admit that you were mislead. Yet, not all are caught by being dead or in jail, there is still Spanier, the University President. He was forced to resigned with a fat severance and no charges have been brought against this person. It is now made clearer that he may be just as guilty of concealment of these crimes as the the others. I hope that these poor men who were sexual attacked by Sandusky will be able to seek compensation from all, Sandusky, the University, the Adminstrators, President Spanier and also suck up money from the Paterno estate.

The University should also file suite against Sandusky, the Administrators, and the Paterno family and see if there is a way to recover monies from extravagant salaries, pensions and severances gained while engaging in a criminal conspiracy and not doing their jobs while employed by the University.

I made a suggestion to suspend football but that is the decision of the people of the Commonwealth. However, you do make a point about keeping football. I do not agree but you can express your opinions.

There are charges against the University now being considered, as having violated other parts of federal law from information that has come from this report. The University is in for some trying times.

Livecontent

Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Penn State should - must! - immediately change the name of its library, and I'd suggest "Generaloberst Heinz Guderian Memorial Library" as a replacement.

After all, "Schneller Heinz" was a highly successful coach, who brought his team many splendid victories, and even though terrible evil was committed against innocents by an organization he belonged to, he wasn't directly responsible himself.

Or perhaps the trustees of the university would prefer to keep the present name, on the same grounds?

Old 07-12-2012, 06:07 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
Yeah, yeah. I still think organized crime was mucking around in this child sex ring stuff, in a really big way. Spanier and the Trustees are who the press should be trying, because they allowed Sandusly to have access to University facilities for non-University use after he was ousted. But, oh, didn't the Trustees pay a former FBI man to investigate and write a finger-pointing report? Nope, there can't be any bias there. No bias whatsoever. ;-/

Btw, I hate football. It's a royal bore, and I can't stand to watch any of it except the halftime marching bands. I have attended exactly three college football games, and I only did that to be polite. The "culture of football" or was that cult of football? exists all the way from the kids' games in little dinky towns to high school, college, and the pro leagues.

Now, Media, please go see what muck you can rake up at the other colleges regarding campus crimes and coverups. All of this is just SSDD On Campus, was then and is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania