Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,612 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to move from Hatboro Pa to Quakertown or surrounding area. We hope to buy our first home there, but I don't really know anything about the towns up that way. If you could tell me some good areas to look and some to stay away from that would be helpful. We have 3 young children and any information you could lend about the schools would be great too. Thanks a bunch.
Melodie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
Default Quakertown

I like Quakertown. There's a pretty developed strip along 309 with numerous restaurants and diners. The town itself is nice. I endorse a move to Quakertown!

Old 09-30-2006, 09:25 AM

13 posts, read 25,530 times
Default Quakertown

I also like Quakertown. We live outside the borough where we have more open space, less traffic, but are still close to town. We have 2 children in the school district and have no complaints. Perkasie is also a nice town just a few miles south of Quakertown. Friends I have there are very happy with the Pennridge School District. Or, you can consider going a few miles north of Quakertown into the Coopersburg area, nice town, lower taxes because it's in Lehigh County.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 PM

10 posts, read 55,166 times
I like Quakertown when I was married in the 60s we lived in Hatboro (Hatboro Village Apartments).. Quakertown is out fo the rat race but yet close to Philadelphia and Allentown..

Old 10-29-2006, 06:13 PM

41 posts, read 245,114 times
It will be a little more remote than Hatboro, not quite as conveinent, and there are areas that are definately more rural and unrefined, but the home prices will be less and there are some good schools.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 AM

13 posts, read 48,970 times
I like Quakertown too. We pass through there on our way to Peddler's Village and New Hope, we take about 4 vacations down there per year.

If you move to Quakertown, you've got to go to Yum Yum Donuts! I've been trying to talking the owner into putting one up in the Wilkes-Barre area for years now.

Also, Quakertown still has a good old fashioned "Five & Dime". I love it - go there all the time.

Good luck with your move.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 6,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musial View Post

If you move to Quakertown, you've got to go to Yum Yum Donuts! I've been trying to talking the owner into putting one up in the Wilkes-Barre area for years now.
I worked there years back

Ill give you as much information about Quakertown as i can.

Convenient for traveling anywhere. Route 309 is right in town and the turnpike is 5-8 minutes away. Tons of shopping, everything you will need is right on 309 as well.

In town there is Memorial Park. Its right on the edge of downtown and has a huge wooden playplace, basketball courts, a sandy area for volleyball, and 6 or 8 tennis courts. All surrounded by a walking path and bordered by a creek with a bridge that connects to a trail that takes you right to Broad St. Accross from the park is a brand new Public Library and a brand new public pool complete with water slides and fountains And just to the left of that down 9th street theres midget football and soccer fields and a 2-mile walking path. On top of that, they are constructing a softball complex in Richland township. I dont know much about what else is going to be there though.

Theres a very big indoor farmers market that holds carnivals and petting zoo's every year. And they also have a santa clause and an easter bunny when those holidays roll around.

Quakertown has an excellent fireworks presentation on the 4th of july. Tens of thousands of people come to see it each year.

Theres a golf course with chip and putt or miniature golf, a bowling alley, a 12 screen Regal Cinemas, and tons of restaurants including TGIFridays and Applebees.

I dont know if you have ever been to a Country Junction, but theres one here. Its a really neat place.

Well i cant think of much else now but hopefully that gave you an idea of what you can expect to see here! Good luck!

Old 12-26-2006, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 9,776 times
hi, i lived in quakertown for 20 years and i've seen it 'grow' and 'develop'. i dont think its anything what it use to be. we were dying to move out of there and we know live only 20/25 minutes away in souderton but its really nice here. just ask me if u have specific questions! ive been through A LOT with quakertown. went through the schooling, churches, worked for the borough... just ask!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:21 PM

12 posts, read 25,953 times
Quakertown is great. The leigh valley is right up the steet. Montgomeryville is right down the street and the local amenities are nothing to laugh at. Since Quakertown has a turnpike exit I bet you can get to center city quicker than you can from Hatboro....40-50 minutes.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 15,652 times
Smile Hello

When I was 7 my family made the move from Hatboro/Horsham to Quakertown. In comparison, Quakertown is a very quiet town that is easy to adjust to. (Especially if you have kids, switching school districts). As much as I loved Hatboro/Horsham back then, I am actually glad now that we made the move. There's something about Quakertown that feels a little safer than Horsham did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania