U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:55 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,459,317 times

Advertisements

Looking Into The Lumberville Area. Wondering About The Area And The Schools. Is It Near Any Hospitals? Any Info About The Area Would Be Wonderful. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 03:32 PM
jjj

168 posts, read 793,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Looking Into The Lumberville Area. Wondering About The Area And The Schools. Is It Near Any Hospitals? Any Info About The Area Would Be Wonderful. Thanks
Lumberville is in the Central Bucks school district which usually gets high ratings. It is pretty rural and borders the Delaware river in the east portion. Its not too far north of new Hope. Homes in the area range from 500,000 to over 4 million.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:35 PM
jjj

168 posts, read 793,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Sorry I forgot to post.....the closest hospital would be about 25 min away near Doylestown.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 AM

7 posts, read 16,455 times
Default Lumberville info

Hi - I live in Doylestown, about 20 minutes from Lumberville. Lumberville is a small community on the Delaware river and consists of about 20 - 30 houses on either side of PA 32 (River Rd). There is a general store, a few B&Bs and the Black Bass Hotel which is bar/restraunt that dates back to before the Revolutionary War. There is also a very cool pedestrian only bridge that crosses the Delaware into a state park on the Jersey side of the river. A tow path runs along the river and serves as a bking/hiking path but unfortunately it was trashed by a series of floods that ripped down the Delaware River a few years ago. Flooding is a major concern if you are going to look at buying a house in Lumberville!
I'm pretty sure that Lumberville is part of the New Hope-Solebury school system which is excellent. I was a substitute teacher there and the public schools have a very private school feel because of the small class sizes. The high school has about 500 kids total! Education is a hot button topic in New Hope and parents are very involved in what happens at the school. The arts are a big part of the New Hope scene and this is reflected in the school system as well.

Good luck with your search, if you like Lumberville take a look at New Hope and Point Pleasant PA (there is a Point Pleasant NJ also) as well.

Oh - the nearest hospital is in Doylestown 20-25 minutes away and it is pretty good - I haven't had to use it (knock on wood) but I haven't heard any major complaints.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM

82 posts, read 306,120 times
Lumberville is in New Hope Solebury.
You also have Hunterdon Hospital in Flemington NJ. REgardless, you may make it to Doylestown faster but depending on tourists- 25 min is fair.

Think beautiful. Think flooded depending on what time of year and which year.
Think- high ground off River Road and travel for everything but lumber and coffee.
That said- it's still one of my favorite places in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania