Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 10,401 times

Advertisements

What towns nearby are safe, affordable, and close. My wife is 5 months pregnant and I would like to live where it is safe and young family friendly. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 03:57 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
My husband worked in COnshy and we lived in East Coventry (we are selling our townhome due to relocation) We loved it there. Great schools, nice area, and we were 3 minutes from 422, which is what you would take to get to Conshy. I actually have infant twins, so that was another reason we chose that area...Safe and again, the schools were a plus.
Good luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:44 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,415 times
We live in Limerick - I would highly recommend the Limerick Collegeville areas. Spring-Ford SD and Perkioman Valley SD are great!!

We are moving next week, and will really miss the area - it has everything a family could want. However, traffic on 422 east (which is how you'd be going) is God awful.

As for affordable, well that will be tough anywhere around here.

Good luck!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 PM

207 posts, read 704,913 times
King of Prussia & Chesterbrook are very nice places that are much closer to Conshy. Stay away from having to take 422 traffic is always terrible going East. Chesterbrook is more a community of town homes & some single family homes. It is in the best school district in the area (TE) and the whole area is beautiful. I lived there for 2 years & loved it. I moved to West Chester to buy a single family home and I now love West Chester. However, I work in Conshy and Route 202 traffic can be tough if I don't leave by 7am. The Chesterbrrok & KOP area may be a little bit more expensive, however, the taxesare very low because of all the business in the area. Also, at least in Chesterbrook your property will always sell whne you want it to as that is a very desired area. When we bought our house there it hapened oin one day & we later sold the house 2 years later in 3 days. Yes the market was different then, but those houses are still selling consistently, just at a slightly lower rate. Which makes it an good time to buy ine of them. The downside is that pesky association fee, I hated that. Well good luck

Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,093,832 times
I'm not sure how anyone could make the statement that Tredyffrin-Eastown is "the best school district in the area" but I'll agree that it's a good one, and it's much closer to Conshohocken. I'm also not sure why anyone would recommend that you look in Limerick or East Coventry if you have a job in Conshohocken. It's doable, but there's many closer places to look. You could live in Conshohocken. If it's too "town-like" for you, check out Plymouth or Whitemarsh Townships. These areas are in the Colonial School District. Also, you might want to check out Blue Bell. It's an older area (meaning many of the homes built in the 60s and 70s are still inhabited by original owners) but they are starting to turn over. Blue Bell is the post office for Whitpain Township, and is in the Wissahickon School District.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,216,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
I'm not sure how anyone could make the statement that Tredyffrin-Eastown is "the best school district in the area" but I'll agree that it's a good one, and it's much closer to Conshohocken.
Technically you may have to concede that Tredyffrin-Eastown is the best school district in the area based on the fact that Conestoga High School(Tredyffrin-Easttown) scored the highest of all Philadlephia suburban county HIgh Schools in the standardized math and reading test for 11th grade students (2006).

At the very least its certainly one of the best, no one can argue that.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 PM

207 posts, read 704,913 times
Thank you rainrock, your post covered the TE issue. In addition I would add that I do feel that TE borders a lot of school districts that are very good.

Also, as for Conshy, they have built a lot of new townhomes (Expensive in the $350k -$400 range but they may have gone down during the realestate depression) on Hector St. I pass them everyday. However, to provide full disclosure I must also say they are on the same street as secton 8 apartments & houses and a shady looking strip club and very nice newer office buildings.

I drive down that street everyday and if I had to I would not mind living there as the people are very nice and community oriented. I always see crossing guards and older community members at the bus stops watching the whole community's kids which I find touching.

There are of course other areas of Conshy & I would say they are all pretty much ok. Some of the houses are older and look like they need a lot of repair. However, I have friends who rented houses in the area and they are very nice...hardwood floors, open floor plans and spacious.

I also have friends that live in Lafayette Hill which is very nice & very close to Conshy (some would even consider it Conshy). Hope this helps.

Oh, BTW, if your new job is in one of the newer office spaces in Conshy you are in luck as they are nice. Showers on certain floors in case you want to utilize the bike trails during lunch, nice cafaterias and updated office amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania