U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:30 PM

3 posts, read 8,440 times

Advertisements

can somebody please give me some info on the palmyra area??? we are in the process of sellling our home in new jersey. what is there to do with two children 7 and 4 yrs old. any info about the town would be appreciated. we went out with a realitor a few months back and liked the newer developments. Also please comment on the schools and the crime in town. thanks so much!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM

3 posts, read 41,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1002 View Post
can somebody please give me some info on the palmyra area??? we are in the process of sellling our home in new jersey. what is there to do with two children 7 and 4 yrs old. any info about the town would be appreciated. we went out with a realitor a few months back and liked the newer developments. Also please comment on the schools and the crime in town. thanks so much!!
Palmyra is a nice area. Family oriented the people are conservative mostly Republican. There are older people and young families. There is not much crime. Not very diverse and it seems like a Mayberry town of the 1950's. For Culture and Diversity Harrisburg area might be a better bet. Schools are nice in Dalphin and Lebanon Counties.
Good Luck

Old 11-30-2007, 07:44 PM

755 posts, read 2,238,673 times
Quote:
There is not much crime. Not very diverse and it seems like a Mayberry town of the 1950's.
I got a chuckle out of this line. It perfectly describes Shohola too. AND we have 2 cops to boot...just like Andy & Barney...

Old 12-02-2007, 09:46 PM

6 posts, read 27,290 times
Palmyra is pretty regular, cheap apartments down town and some nice country side rolling farm land near by, Annville is also very nice but more expensive because of Lebanon Valley College, I went to school in Hershey and I know my mom works at Hershey Chocolate and many of the workers live in Palmyra because it is cheaper then Hershey and not as pretenous. I really never heard of any crime in Palmyra nothing! This is really subjective information but I know that the Hershey kids would make fun of the Palmyra kids because they were wiggers and would supp up there Honda Civics and race around...A recent John Travolta movie was also filmed there..They also have some great pizza shops there!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,737 times
Default response to: info on palmyra pa.....please!!!

Palmyra is a great town. I grew up in NJ and moved here when I was 16. When I go back to NJ I am so glad I live here. I would never want to raise my children anywhere else - and I've lived in quite a few places since NJ. The beautiful rolling hills and scerene, tranquill atmosphere you just can't find very easily in NJ anymore.

Palmyra is 5 minutes from Hershey, PA - great shopping, theater, Hershey Park, and the Giant Center which hosts awsome events - Ice Hockey, Concerts, even Presidential Campaign stops. Chocolate World at the entrance to Hershey Park is free and a fun way to occupy some time with a tour ride and free candy.

Palmyra has a great school district. Not too big to get completely lost in but big enough to have some of the better sports teams around, football, field hockey, and baseball to name a few.

There are also a lot of other activities very close by. A great library, Paramount Sports Complex with a fitness center and all kinds of cool stuff for kids and adlults. In The Net sports center. A great public pool - very clean and even has a water slide.

Anyway - welcom to the area! Hope you love it as much as we do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania