U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where Should The Nerdy Guy Snap Some Photos Next?
Wilkes-Barre 4 11.43%
Back Mountain (NW Suburban Area of Wilkes-Barre) 3 8.57%
Kingston/Forty Fort (Inner Suburbs of Wilkes-Barre) 4 11.43%
West Pittston (Victorian Town Midway Between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre) 5 14.29%
Old Forge (Pizza Capital of the World!) 7 20.00%
Mountain Top (Desperate Housewives at its Finest!) 4 11.43%
Moscow/North Pocono (Growing Area Between Mount Pocono and Scranton) 3 8.57%
Abingtons (Wealthy Suburban Enclave About 15 Minutes NW of Scranton) 2 5.71%
Bear Creek (Upcoming Bedroom Community to Wilkes-Barre) 2 5.71%
Other (Please Specify Below in a Reply!) 6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:36 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,968,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I actually prefer Chicago-style deep dish pizza to Old Forge-style pizza, but to each his own I guess. I know many local residents who couldn't survive without a slice of Riviello's, Arcaro & Genell's, Brutico's, Amadeo's, etc., but just give me that deep dish and I'm a happy camper! I just think it's nice for a small town like Old Forge to have some sort of "claim to fame"; this is similar to my hometown of Pittston calling itself the "World's Quality Tomato Capital", even having a weeklong annual festival, parade, tomato fights, 5K run, pageants, bands, etc. It's little nuances like these that help our small towns to form their own "uniqueness" and "identities", which are becoming more and more uncommon in our newer suburban areas that seem to lack the same "charm." Whether you like Old Forge pizza or not, you still have to admit that for a town of just 8,000 residents, Old Forge probably has the highest amount of Italian restaurants per capita in all of NEPA!
Yes, that's all well and good, but Duo's Deep Dish in Chicago is to salivate for, and Brutico's is OK, in a saucy-kind of way, but I still like SAlerno's.
It's one of the places I go when I come up to work at my siblings' and my establishment for the holidays. Kelly's has really good wings.......
Can't wait to see Taylor - OF (hint-hint). Am really thinking of leaving the sunny south and traveling I-81 to Davis Street!
SWB - your major would be ... ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 06:40 PM

32,230 posts, read 74,232,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Yes, that's all well and good, but Duo's Deep Dish in Chicago is to salivate for, and Brutico's is OK, in a saucy-kind of way, but I still like SAlerno's.
It's one of the places I go when I come up to work at my siblings' and my establishment for the holidays. Kelly's has really good wings.......
Can't wait to see Taylor - OF (hint-hint). Am really thinking of leaving the sunny south and traveling I-81 to Davis Street!
SWB - your major would be ... ?
Howdy! Hints well taken! LOL! Expect my next photo thread to be of Old Forge/Taylor/Moosic (The Tri-Boro), but don't expect to see it until next week as this weekend is very hectic with my sister's wedding, a family reunion, and cramming for mid-terms! My majors are Accounting and Finance (I know...I know..."wasted potential!" LOL!)

Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,439,392 times
Horray! Old Forge!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it. We are Italian and I hear there are lots of Italian families in Old Forge!!

Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 AM

414 posts, read 1,709,421 times
How about Glen Summit ?????

Old 10-20-2006, 11:46 AM

32,230 posts, read 74,232,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasPA View Post
How about Glen Summit ?????
I actually wanted to photograph Glen Summit when I was down in the Mountain Top area, but my camera's batteries were running low (Kodak digital cameras EAT Duracell digitals!) After I snap some shots of Old Forge and Moscow, Glen Summit will be up there on my "to-do" list.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,657,844 times
West Pittston is the winner! (That & the pizza place? are tied...) PO CO NOS! PO CO NOS!

Old 10-21-2006, 01:24 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,759,933 times
Default DE Water Gap / Stroudsburg area?

Hello Paul -

I know this wasn't a choice & it's not NE PA, but if you ever get down to the Delaware Water Gap area, I'd love to see pics. Haven't been there for 4-yrs or so. About time to return, I'd say. Since you live in-state, I'm guessing it will happen with you, before me!

Thank you for your pics/posts.

Just my 2-cents...
Thank you... Baltic_Celt

Old 10-22-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Howdy! Hints well taken! LOL! Expect my next photo thread to be of Old Forge/Taylor/Moosic (The Tri-Boro), but don't expect to see it until next week as this weekend is very hectic with my sister's wedding, a family reunion, and cramming for mid-terms! My majors are Accounting and Finance (I know...I know..."wasted potential!" LOL!)
Not necessarily "wasted potential" - depends what you do after your Master's. Hope your sister's wedding had the same gloriuos fall day as here in Carolina country.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:44 PM

467 posts, read 1,442,484 times
Default Pictures

How about the Marshalls Creek area......I know they are probably busy right
now with the bypass stuff.....I used to live off of Oak Grove Rd. a little road
that connects 209 with 402...I understand they are "moving the road....

Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I actually wanted to photograph Glen Summit when I was down in the Mountain Top area, but my camera's batteries were running low (Kodak digital cameras EAT Duracell digitals!) After I snap some shots of Old Forge and Moscow, Glen Summit will be up there on my "to-do" list.
I know you're attending class and learning about the fine profession of accounting and finance.......You do know that there are several online Master's programs for when you parlay this into a full-time job........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania