Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times

Advertisements

But without a body in the Gricar crime there would be nothing they could do with a revolver. No bullets to compare ballistics with or anything. Still, keep us posted, and good luck with your book. I think he's either in the Susquehanna River somewhere, or he staged a very successful disappearance into a new life. I know people have tried to link his disappearance to the Jerry Sandusky situation, but it could be anything. It will be interesting to see if the truth ever does come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM

458 posts, read 656,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
But without a body in the Gricar crime there would be nothing they could do with a revolver
My thought was that he may have been murdered in Philadelphia, and the FBI was looking for a weapon and body. I thought maybe they had come in to some info leading them there. By this time, his body, no matter where it would be found, would have to be nothing but remains

Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
Ah, that makes sense. I love a good mystery, but I also like to know the ending!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPANative View Post
Since this happened in 2005, I think there's no chance of finding him in the Susquehanna River at this point. My thinking was the revolver that was found in the Schuykill may have been used in the Gricar crime.
Organized crime can destroy bodies for good. Take the Mexican Cartel and the way they paid people to dissolve bodies in hot lye solutions. Then look at US mobs that own funeral homes and cremators. They also own construction sites and landfills. Then you toss in the rental stores and the wood chippers - the smaller the pieces; they quicker the native animals and birds will eat them.

Several years ago I drove truck. On dark, rainy, nights a whole deer carcass could disappear - it all depended on how heavy the rain was coming down and how much commercial traffic. I always wondered how many humans disappeared as they were turned to paste on our busy highways?

I do hope they find something in the river. I have been looking for my old Teamster leader for many years. Tell me if they find Jimmy!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Ah, that makes sense. I love a good mystery, but I also like to know the ending!

That's why I'm in to writing a book on this. With today's technology, there has to be an answer somewhere close at hand.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 AM

Good lord, the FBI really doesn't want anyone to know anything about this:

FBI ends Schuylkill River search in East Falls-

Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPANative View Post
Since this happened in 2005, I think there's no chance of finding him in the Susquehanna River at this point. My thinking was the revolver that was found in the Schuykill may have been used in the Gricar crime.
We don't know what they are searching for? But in 2011 the Susquehanna had three significant floods: Historical Crests for Susquehanna River at Harrisburg If they are looking for evidence that dates back to 2005; good luck!

I was eight years old when we had major flooding in 1955 in Canadensis. I watched houses, trees and cars go down the river. Where I was staying was surrounded by water. Floods go down through like dozers - they take everything (in 55 it also took many lives).

Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We don't know what they are searching for? But in 2011 the Susquehanna had three significant floods: Historical Crests for Susquehanna River at Harrisburg If they are looking for evidence that dates back to 2005; good luck!

I was eight years old when we had major flooding in 1955 in Canadensis. I watched houses, trees and cars go down the river. Where I was staying was surrounded by water. Floods go down through like dozers - they take everything (in 55 it also took many lives).
We were on our way to NYC on a Megabus during the flooding in 2011. That's a day I'll never forget. 11 hours it took from Pittsburgh to Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania