Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,165 times

Advertisements

I don't know about other cities like that but there are not too many place that bang like Chester. Shootouts everyday of the week. Broad Day murders, serial killers in every hood. You ride through some hoods in the wrong car (a car from a different part of town) and you are NOT making it out, not without at least some shells hitting your vehicle and maybe your noggin. Young bulls got more guns than cars. State of emergencies being issued every few years. Some *****s feel safer in jail then on these streets. Every hood has one or two that will melt you down if you too hard. Some hoods it's the WHOLE HOOD. If you are not from here don't stop to get gas, don't stop to get some food just keep going. Its not that you are target, its that there are so many other targets and you might be standing right next to one and don't know it. And if you not used to it, that can mess up your day. Have you rattled lol. Murder cases at 27 now. And this is a light year. People get shot every weekend. EVERY WEEKEND. Most live some don't. We feel tougher in places like these because the conditions prove that you are a survivalist. Urban warfare is still warfare and just like any warrior the harder the battlefield the bolder the stripes. modern day Hunger Games. R.I.P the guys.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 12-01-2014 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: fixed some typos for clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 01:57 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Chester 28
Harrisburg 17
Erie 11
Reading 9
Lancaster 9
York 8
Allentown 7
Penn Hills 6
Scranton 4
Mckeesport 4
Hazleton 3
New Castle 3
New Kensington 2
Jonestown3
Lebanon 2
Easton 2
Washington 2
Munhall 2
Mckees Rocks 1
Coatesville 1
Wikes Barre 1

Last edited by BPt111; 12-25-2014 at 03:00 PM..

Old 12-25-2014, 02:32 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,819,013 times
Chester is just off the charts bad. It's about a third more populated than coatesville. ..and we'll you see it

Old 12-25-2014, 03:06 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Chester is just off the charts bad. It's about a third more populated than coatesville. ..and we'll you see it
1. Chester
2. Harrisburg
3. York
4. Reading
5. Philly

Old 12-28-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
1. Chester
2. Harrisburg
3. York
4. Reading
5. Philly
?

Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,697,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
1. Chester
2. Harrisburg
3. York
4. Reading
5. Philly
Mmmm well as of 2014 Philadelphia had a lower crime and murder rate than Pittsburgh. Sooo how would Philly be number 5?

Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by str33tt4lk View Post
chester can't be the worst it's exciting there. There's something to be said for a town where you risk your life everyday as opposed to a town like shamokin. An exciting life is a better life than a bored life.

But i'm going with harrisburg simply for its close proximity to hershey one of the worst companies this world has ever seen. Just allowing that monstrosity to operate is grounds for a bottom of the barrel rating. I don't care how many jobs it brings people who work there should be ashamed, and so too should harrisburg.
4/10

Old 01-21-2015, 09:53 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Mmmm well as of 2014 Philadelphia had a lower crime and murder rate than Pittsburgh. Sooo how would Philly be number 5?
Why bring Pittsburgh into the mix? I will honestly never understand the Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia argument that seems to occur so often on this forum. Other than sports rivalries and people throughout the state complaining about SEPTA funding, I rarely encounter people who want to argue about Philadelphia being better than Pittsburgh or vice versa. It is odd how often conversations seem to devolve into a Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia argument on this forum.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:13 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Why bring Pittsburgh into the mix? I will honestly never understand the Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia argument that seems to occur so often on this forum. Other than sports rivalries and people throughout the state complaining about SEPTA funding, I rarely encounter people who want to argue about Philadelphia being better than Pittsburgh or vice versa. It is odd how often conversations seem to devolve into a Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia argument on this forum.
It's a general PA sub-forum frequented by a microcosm of people who are intensely interested in the Commonwealth's cities, boroughs, and townships. I'm not saying I agree with the perpetual spitting contest, but I can certainly understand why it goes on.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Generally I agree (and the only sports rivalry left is hockey which is a niche sport in philadelphia) but philadelphians have a chip on their shoulder about crime. I have personally been given **** by burghers (and many others) about how dangerous and crime ridden our city is. There's some legitimacy to the feeling in philadelphia that they're tired of being a punch line. Philadelphia still hasn't won a super bowl but the progress on crime has been remarkable.all that being said, pittsburghs a great city and we're both in this together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania