Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times

Advertisements

The Sellersville Theatre located in the middle of the Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia is starting to come on strong as a great venue for shows. Two shows have raised my interest and I already have tickets. Im looking very forward to them! On November 4th Joseph Arthur will be appearing. Arthur, touring in support of his new album Nuclear Daydream is undisputably the most amazing singer-songwriter in the world today. Hehas drawn comparsions to Bowie, Syd Barret, and John Lennon but I boldly proclaim to you that he's better than all of them. This man is a genius and I encourage you all to contact the Sellersville Theatre and buy seats. This will be a once in a lifetime experience!

10 days later the very talented Robyn Hitchcock who is a legend in the alternative music world going back to the late 70's when he played with the Soft Boys will be appearing wth a star studded lineup of Peter Buck (REM), Scott Macaughey (REM session-touring member, Minus 5- Young Fresh Fellows, and Bill Reiflin (REM session-touring member, Minus 5, and Ministry) This obviously will be a fantastic show. Peter Buck and Hitchcock have known each other for years and Buck is extremely familiar with Hitchcock's work since he played on a few of his albums back in the 80's Hitchcock will play his old alternative hits like Balloon Man, My Wife And My Dead Wife, and Raymond Chandler Evening along with new songs from his most recent Ole Tarantula album. This show is also going to be phenomenal and my friend and I are in the 2nd row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania