Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 06:21 PM

5 posts, read 11,150 times

Advertisements

My husband has a potential job offer in McConnellsburg PA. I have searched your forums and find very very little information for this area. Does anyone live here or near by?
I need to know if this is a good place to raise a family... We are in our late twenties and have an almost two year old with another little one on the way. How are the homes and neighborhoods? How are the schools? I am interested in living within a thirty min distance from his job... We are coming from Naples FL, and eventually looking to buy. I have searched for real estate and there doesn't seem to be much for sale. I have heard these areas do not like outsiders... We are of Hispanic decent and do not want any problems... Can anyone help me?
Thanks very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 07:09 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,783,512 times
McConnellsburg is a very small town without much recent development. The area is very beautiful, we considered years ago purchasing a business near there and sometimes regret we didn't.

The next larger town is Chambersburg which is still fairly small by most standards. Chambersburg has had what for PA is considerable recent development - residential, commercial, and warehousing/logistics - so it has had more exchange of population with the outside world. There is a bit of a Hispanic community in Chambersburg that seems recently to have grown beyond basic services for a migrant agricultural worker base - surely not what you may be used to in FL, but much more so than most other small PA towns. I know the search function on here is not great, but sometimes better threads pop up in the area below the posts than come up on search.

US 30 between the two is a mountain road (I even thought that driving it a week after returning from an extended trip to Colorado). Snow is relatively uncommon, but both snow and mountain curves/hills are obviously more factors than FL.

Day trip weekend shopping in DC metro is very feasible. Hyper-commuting from the Chambersburg area to the DC metro is sometimes done, but traffic from deliberate under-planning in MD gets worse all the time as do gas prices.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM

5 posts, read 11,150 times
Thank you very much for your reply!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania