U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM

213 posts, read 1,052,615 times

Advertisements

I am applying for a job in MIllersville PA (at the university). Can anyone tell me about the area? Is it friendly? Welcoming to newcomers (from out of state)? How is the economy? My spouse designs homes--is there a market for new homes there (or in surrounding areas)?

I would appreciate hearing your personal perspectives. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,166,471 times
Millersville is a nice, clean, safe typical college town. People take a long time to warm up to outsiders. County's economy is sound. Southern Lancaster County is growing by leaps and bounds, so the new housing market is as good as can be expected, considering the market right now. Hope this helps alittle.

Old 10-20-2006, 09:08 PM

98 posts, read 415,235 times
It's a really lovely area. My kids go to College at Millersville University. This is my sons 5th year and last and my daughter 3rd and last.

We have a townhouse just on the edge of Lancaster- it's actually only 2 miles away from the college.

People seem to be friendly- hubby and I do not go down to often and the townhouse is for the kids(who are 25 and 22 ) so they do not want Mom and Dad always hanging around.

Lancaster area is booming with building and I notice people pride themselves with having well maintained homes.

You should have no problem there.

Good Luck..

Old 10-25-2006, 08:00 PM

40 posts, read 217,283 times
Lancaster is definenetly up and coming with a solid economy. I actually grew up in Millersville and will probably always consider Lancaster Co. my "home" even when not living there because I've realized how special it is. The college is nice and the best performing school in the state system of higher education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania