U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 11:36 AM

12 posts, read 24,958 times

Advertisements

So the scoop: Have an old beater secondary vehicle that we rarely drive. Its in good running condition but has been through the war. Its past due inspection, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Of course, the other day I drive it to the local store I get nailed. Not a big deal, the cops give me a week to get it legally inspected - and I have to turn in all the paperwork proving the work was done.

Bring it to the local Tires Plus who see nothing but $$$$$. Repair estimate is over $1700. I'm thoroughly convinced they're trying to hose me, so I'm not even bothering with the repairs there. I'll probably bring it to another mechanic, although far away, is someone I can trust.

Meanwhile, the 7 days will have passed and I'll surely have to pay the fine - which I'm ok with, my fault for not keeping up.

Question is: How does this work? Meaning, it'll likely be a few weeks before I can get it to my other mechanic to look at. It gets driven at most once a week. So I pay the fine and then what? Do the cops come looking for it and impound it? Once its inspected, do I have to re-submit anything to the PD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 03:32 PM

28,835 posts, read 15,346,044 times
I'd go talk to the cops-at least they'll know you're trying.

Meanwhile, do you have to drive it? Can you take it to the mechanic of choice and let it sit there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania